In this article, we will guide you about how to change folder colors on Mac, and then you can customize, organize and personalize your folders.
If you want to make your desktop look more pleasant as colourful then Mac has helpful feature that will let you to change folder color of your Mac and Macbook.
In your Mac, all folders are presenting in calming shade of blue color. It is enough for some folders but you want to create many folders and subfolder in a sea of cyan.
With adding some cool colors to your folders, you can easily identify your folders, if Mac’s folders are managed with different colors. Folder’s color helps you to divide into many categories like as music, movies, photos, etc.
How to Change Folder Colors on Mac
Here we will explain about how you can change folder icon colors on your Mac Monterey, Big Sur or Catalina with using 2 incredible easier methods; below mentioned both:
Change Folder Color on Mac Using Preview App
With the help of Preview app, you can change folder color and replace it with your own image as well.
Firstly you have to create folder otherwise you have already created folder, and then you want to change or add colour into their folders. Follow these steps one by one:
- Make right click on folder, on which you wish to change color for.
- Next this will appear context menu at the front of you, and click on <Get Info> option.
- Further new popup window will be displaying on your screen and hit on <Folder icon> that shows at the above of same window.
- Now go to <Finder> menu bar and hit on <Edit> option at the top menu bar
- Next this will elevate drop down menu and click on <Copy>
- Now you have to need open <Preview> from Spotlight or Launchpad, otherwise navigate Finder > Applications > Preview.
- Further Preview menu bar will appear on your screen and then hit on <File> option.
- In context menu, select first option <New from Clipboard> then to view icon copied before.
- Next click on <Tools> option from Preview menu bar
- Now this will appear drop down menu and select the <Adjust Color> option.
- Further you have to adjust <Tiny> to grab color that you wish.
- Next press the <Edit> option from Preview menu bar
- Choose <Copy> option into Edit drop down menu.
- Now you have to choose folder icon into <Folder Info> window.
- Move back on Finder menu bar and select the <Edit> option.
- This will display drop down menu and select the <Paste> option.
- Once done process, shut down all open windows such as Preview, Get info, etc.
Now i hope that you can change folder colors on Mac and Macbook as well, without getting any headaches.
Change Folder Color on Mac with Third Party App
If you are not able to change folder color on your Mac with using manually process then we suggest you about third party app that help you to change folder color with easier process.
Here we will guide about Image2icon app because this app allows you simple user interface to change folder color, image or icon as well. Here’s how to use:
- Firstly you have to need download and install it from App Store in your Mac or Macbook.
- Once installed it, open Image2icon app through Spotlight or Launchpad or navigate Go > Applications > Image2icon.
- Next click on <File> option and this will appear drop down menu and then select the <Use Blank Image>
- Further you can choose Folder template from then right side of your same window.
- Choose <Setting> icon that is appearing top right corner of same window.
- Now tick the checkbox next to <Background> to the right.
- This will display color picker window, and then you can select color that you wish to change your folder.
- Shut down color picker window and choose <Export> tab and then select <Folder> from context menu.
- Now you have to need save this folder and it will display on your desktop with new changed color.
How to Change Folder Background Mac
With following few simple steps, you can change folder background on your Mac.
- First you have to create folder or having already created folder.
- Navigate Folder on Mac > Right-click on Blank space.
- Next make right click on this folder
- This will appear context menu and then select <Show View Options> option and come to Backgroud section, choose <Select Color radiobox>
- Grab the color from color picker and to set folder background
Once done, it is changed successfully Folder Background on your Mac.