In this article, we will provide all information step by step that how to change your name in Webex meeting. In the end of this post you will say that it is easier task, and i can do it!!
Cisco Webex provides you a customization feature and with using of this feature you can customize your personal detail like as (Email address, Profile pic, and Display your name) at any time as per your need.
How to Change Name in Webex
In this section, we will discuss about how to change your display name in Webex meeting on many version edition like as: On Desktop App, On Web, On iPhone and iPad.
Now let’s start!!
How to Change your Display Name in Webex on Desktop App
First of all, you have to need set up Webex Meetings app on your system, and then it allows you to edit your displaying name and other personal detail such as email id and profile pic. When you click on meeting URL then Webex meeting app will automatically open.
Read Also: How to Use Webex Meetings on Desktop PC
Getting to Start Change Name as a User on Desktop
Now you can change your display name on Webex; so to do this:
- Open the <Webex desktop app> on your system
- Now your current name will be displayed then you have to click on <drop down arrow> for getting to access the panel options, and select the <my profile> into the list.
- Further, hit on <Edit My Profile> option then new window will be shown and write your display name into this box. Here it allows to you update your first and last name.
- On same window, click on the <Change Profile Picture> button and can upload a new your image from your PC, and click on <Save> option to update your profile information.
Getting to Start Change Name for Guest on Desktop
All guests have to option for changing their name before firing the request to join a meeting.
- Once you have joined a meeting as guest mode then Webex allows to your enter your Display name and Email id before getting to join screen
- If by mistake you entered wrong name and further wish to change later, then you can also edit your name again.
- While joining screen, you have to go top left corner where your name is visible and then hit on <pencil icon> button and edit.
- Now <Enter your information> screen will be appearing then you can edit your name and email id as well. Then hit on <Next> button to proceed, and final click on <Join Meeting> option.
How to Change your Display Name in Webex on the Web
- Firstly, visit <Webex.com> on your browser, and then have to log in your personal account.
- Your profile picture or avatar icon will be appeared at the top right corner on your screen, and click on <downward arrow> further your displaying name.
- Now it is elevated search result and select the <My profile>.
- And new window will be shown and on same window you have to click on <Edit My Profile> option.
- Insert your favorite display name into corresponding field, and final click on <Save> button.
How to Change your Display Name in Webex on iPhone/iPad
You can also use Webex meeting app on your iPhone and iPad device. Firstly you have to go to <App Store> and download and install Webex, and then you have to proceed.
Read Also: How to Use Webex Meetings on iPhone and iPad
Getting to Start Change Name as a User
- Launch Webex app on your device and gets to log in your account.
- Now new window will appear and click on <gear icon> option to open your <Setting> options.
- Click on<My Account> option.
- Then new window will be display, and hit you finger on <display name> option.
- Now you can update your first and last name, and then new entry will be displayed during future meetings. Once you are finished this editing task then hit on <Save> button.
Getting to Start Change Name for Guest on Mobile App
If you want to try joining a meeting as a guest on you mobile then you have to right join it from the Webex Meetings app instead and not on your web browser. For changing name, to do this:
- Webex meeting allows to you change your name on <Joining screen> but not after being admitted to the meeting.
- Now you can tap on <Edit> button like as <pencil icon> on your joining screen.
- Then new dialog box will be opened and edit your information, and once it is done, hit finger on <OK> option to save them and proceed to join a meeting.
How to Change your WebEx Participant Name
There are two method with using of them you can change your Webex participant name; below mentioned all:
Use the Audio/Video Preview Screen to change your Participant Name
- Launch Cisco Webex meeting app on your device, and then select the meeting URL
- Now open the <Audio/Video Preview Screen>, on same window at the top left corner you will see <Participant Name> along with <Pencil> icon.
- Select pencil icon and you can change your display full name.
Use the Cisco Webex Meetings desktop App
- Launch the Webex meeting app on your system
- Open your email and click on <meeting link>, then you will get new prompt message and ask you to open Webex app.
- Webex meeting saves your Participant Name, and now you are able to update your name with selecting <Pencil> icon to edit your Name and Email id.