What is Expert System:
An expert system is a computer program that imitates the judgment and behavior of a human or an organization that has expert knowledge and experience in a particular field. Generally, there is a knowledge base in this type of system in which there is an accumulated experience and there is a set of rules to base the basis of knowledge in each particular situation described for the program. Sophisticated specialist systems can be enhanced with a knowledge base or addition of rules set.
Expert systems are a specialized type of knowledge-based system because they have heresy knowledge. This is the knowledge that comes directly from those who have worked for years within the domain. It is knowledge gained from learning. This is the most useful type of knowledge, especially related to daily problems, which work for us by producing solutions, decisions and other positive results.
Components of Expert System:-
- Knowledge-based management system
- Explanation facility
- Reasoning capacity
- Inference engine
- user interface
1. Knowledge-Based Management System:
This is similar to the database management system in an information system. Its main function Build knowledge base with knowledge and rules.
A work area or blackboard is a memory area used to describe the current problem And archiving intermediate results.
3. Explanation facility:
Most expert systems have an explanation facility. It tells you how the recommendations are Removed User can know how the expert system reached the solution, why some options Disclaimed, why was asked for some information, etc. The clarification feature answers these Questions by reference to system targets, data input and decision rules.For example, in the case of evaluation of loan proposal, the explanation of the expert system will be clarified on the facility inquiry Why an application was approved and why the other was rejected. In the case of a medical specialist System such as Mycin, this feature produces trust about the expert system and the user The solution provides this problem.
4. Reasoning capacity:
The expert system has the ability to analyze whether its solution failed or succeeded Methods to improve its solution.
5. Inference engine:
Intensive engine model works in the disassembly support system. this Manipulate a series of rules using forward chewing and backward chaining techniques. The following is a series of engine checking ahead… Then check the situation. based on A special solution is answered. In the techniques of backward chains, ingestion The engine starts with the target and checks if the conditions that go to that goal are present.
6. user interface:
The system provides an interface for users to interact with the system to generate solutions. This decision is similar to the communication feature in the support system. Artificial intelligence Technology tries to provide users with a natural language interface.
Types of Expert System:-
- Diagnosis Expert System
- Repair Expert System
- Instruction Expert System
- Interpretation Expert System
- Prediction Expert System
- Design and Planning Expert System
- Monitoring and Control Expert System
- Classification/Identification Expert System
Advantages of Expert System:-
- Enhance dececious quality.
- Reduces the cost of consulting an expert for solving the problem.
- Provide a quick and efficient solution to a problem.
- Offers high reliability.
- It can tackle a very complex problem that is difficult for a human expert to solve.
- Gathers scare expertise and use it efficiently.
- Consistency – they provide consistent answers for repetitive decisions.
- The expert system is available 24/7 and is never on holiday or off sick when needed.
- The computer uses all the information it has, unlike a human expert who may forget and make mistakes.
- Capture expertise before it is lost.
- Reduce dependence upon one expert.
- Reduce/eliminate error and inconsistency.
- Allow non-experts to reach scientifically supportable conclusions.
- Knowledge sharing
- Automation and improve decisions.
- Dissemination expertise and normalization decisions.
Expert System Applications:-
- Information management
- Hospitals and medical facilities
- Help desks management
- Employee performance evaluation
- Loan analysis
- Virus detection
- Useful for repair and maintenance projects
- Warehouse optimization
- Planning and scheduling
- The configuration of manufactured objects
- Financial decision making Knowledge publishing
- Process monitoring and control
- Supervise the operation of the plant and controller
- Stock market trading
- Airline scheduling & cargo schedules
Other Application Areas are:
- Telephone System Configurator
- Training Material & Product Selection
- Manufacturing Resource Planning
- Production Scheduling
- Service Networking
- Airline Scheduling
- Cost/Benefit Analysis
- Planning Implementation
- Career Development
- Quick Proposal Estimating
- Credit Control
- Product Development
- Telephone Call Screening
- Real Estate Market & Mortgage Credit Analysis
Examples of Expert Systems:-
- DELTA – locomotive engineering
- Drilling Advisor – oilfield prospecting
- ExperTax – tax minimization advice
- XSEL – computer sales
Related Articles :
- What is Artificial Neural Networks and its Types | Applications
- Green Computing and its Advantages | Disadvantages | Examples
- Mobile Computing and its Advantages, Disadvantages, and Applications
- What is Soft Computing and Its Applications and Techniques
- What is Fuzzy logic Controller and Its Applications | Examples