What is Mobile Computing
Definition – Mobile Computing System mean Wireless communication and its applications are generic technology that refers to numerous devices that are supportable to access transmitted data like voice, video, and text any time and any where over the wireless network infrastructure and in which to include mobile communication, mobile hardware, and mobile software and this react as human-computer interaction. Cause of these has improved the quality of our lives.
Read More – Complete Guide to Green Computing
List of Content
- History and Evolution of Mobile Computing
- Future of Mobile Computing
- Features of Mobile Computing
- Mobile Computing Applications
- Mobile Computing Services
- Types of Mobile Computing Devices
- Types of Mobile Computing
- Mobile Computing Architecture & Structure
- Mobile Computing Security
- Disadvantage of Mobile Computing
- Advantage of Mobile Computing
History and Evolution of Mobile Computing
In 1894, Marconi done experiment along with Hertzian rays and identify the waves over very long distance. Then developed the first wireless telegraph company.
• 1980 – Developed first consumer Laptop.
• 1981 – Developed portable Computer by Epson.
• 1984 – First touch screen laptop was developed.
• 1990 – New portable laptop released by Apple with 640*640 display screen.
• 1992 – Released standard Windows 3.1.1 Operating System.
• 1993 – Developed first PDA by Apple.
• 2007 – Launched first I Phone along with touch screen.
• 2009- Launched first smart phone with Android.
• 2011 – Start evolution of Mobile Computing.
Future of Mobile Computing
The enhancement in Artificial Intelligence, increasing the speed to computing terminals So the future of Mobile computing is more brightness.
Increasing the technology in portability and light weighted devices, so as per this statement mobile computing devices are improving in portability and small in size.
Now these days, most of people have increasing laziness, they want to perform all task while sitting in own house. so mobile computing fulfill this are because you can done mostly all task on mobile computing device like as want to shop then no require physically visit at any store, you can visit any e-commerce website and make your order.
As per research of this year that 80% the mobile devices converted into smart phone, because mobile company are working as per future trend to mobile computing.
Now conclusion, Mobile Computing future is most brightness because all user and companies are adopting of mobile computing.
Read More – Soft Computing Tutorial
Features of Mobile Computing
- Easy to handle and carry these small devices.
- Data can be transferred easily between users.
- Collect simulated data to current zone or your time.
- Arbitrary network, easily connect to other environment and transmit data.
- Having fast processor speed.
- Good battery life.
- Huge memory capacity.
- Bar code scanner
- Windows Operating System
- Global positioning system.
Mobile Computing Applications
Read More – Green Computing Tutorial
There are different types of real life applications which are used in the Mobile computing, such as:
During traveling in traffic if we require to know road situation, latest news and when if feel more stress in driving then can play music and other important broadcast data are received through digital audio broadcasting(DAB). If we forget the road then we can know our exact location with the help of global positioning system (GPS).In case if got accident then can to inform police and ambulance via an emergency call to the service provider, which help to improve organization and save time & money.
To play a vital role in the medical sector can hire an ambulance with great quality wireless connection and help of this can carry significant information about injured persons. The useful step can prepare for a particular accident and doctor can be consulted for diagnosis. Only Wireless networks work of communication in nature disaster 2 such as earthquakes, tsunami, flood, and fire. In worst conditions only decentralized, wireless ad-hoc networks survive. Means that can handle Emergencies situation by mobile computing easily.
Use in Business
As per business point of view CEO help of this computing system can represent the presentation at the front of their clients while can access hot news of the market. Help of video conference could be discuss at the topic without hindrance any time. Another side if traveling salesman wants to access the company database as per requirement then can be retrieved data on his wireless device and maintain the consistency company’s database. Cause of these every employee are updated up to date.
Credit Card Verification
Credit card verification using this computing most secure. In respect of Sale terminals(POS) when customer buy items in malls and other small shops when and pay bill in the form of swap credit card for transactions then need to establish network in between POS terminal and bank central computer then over protected cellular network verify the credential information of card fastly, if match it then proceed further otherwise denied get boost up speed of transaction process and relieve the burden at the POS network.
Replacement of Fixed Networks
Wired network has been replaced in wireless network e.g. trade shows, remote sensors and historical buildings. in wired networks, weather forecasting, earthquake detection and to get environmental data are impossible. This is possible only in adapting the replacement of fixed networks in this computing.
Wireless networks are capable to deliver the latest information at any suitable regions and can download knowledge about concert at morning through wireless network that concert is conducting in any region as well as Another growing field of wireless network applications lies in entertainment and games to enable, e.g., ad-hoc gaming networks as soon as people meet to play together. So Infotainment by wireless computing is more easy.
Mobile Computing Services
Software as a service is best platform with the help of rendering the many utilities and applications on the internet world in the form of services.
Cloud Computing help to optimize your resources and scale up while control your cost.
Suggest the best mobile hardware and software for your using utilities and applications.
In arbitrary wireless network service help to connect freely network, and with the help of this concept, you can access data anywhere without time and place limitation.
Mobile terminal phases are
- Provide the current and appropriate O/S and other software.
- Examine the loading time of particular software.
- Setup the wireless networks such as WAN and LAN
Types of Mobile Computing Devices
There are many types of Mobile Computing devices that permit to user for accessing all type of data and information from anytime and anywhere without boundation of time and place. Today, these devices are more demanded in market because having small size and light weight.
Read More – Different Types of Mobile computing Devices
Types of Mobile Computing
Mobile Computing Architecture & Structure
Mobile Computing has 3-tier architecture with various its functions, in which include major three segments are:
- Data access layer
- Application tire in middle line
- Client tier on the surface
Each tier is spitted in many network and not require any physical location on all terminals on the network.
- Presentation Layer:
This layer provides data to the user and allows to data feeding and manipulation, and proceeds all data as Business layer.
- Business Logic Layer:
Business logic work as a server for user requests from work point. This works according to bringing or entering business rules through the data layer.
- Data Access Layer:
This layer work as DBMS access layer because this layer provides data to other two layers. Allow dependencies on the storage area can be done updation.
Mobile Computing Security
Two types attacks are existed in the Mobile Computing security:-
Passive attack – In this attack intruder only monitor the transmitted data over the network.
Active attack – In which intruder gives some modification in the original data.
Concern Security is:
- Encrypted data
- Outsource detection
- Lack of data capacity
- Terminal tracer
- Set up timeout system
- Use reliable sources such as Google Play and Amazon App
Disadvantage of Mobile Computing
There are many limitations and challenges in Mobile Computing. Explain below
- Battery consumption hindrance
- Interference is persisted in shielding.
- Inefficient bandwidth in transmission.
- Connection losses over entithe re network.
- Network stability.
- Interoperability problem.
- Protection constraints.
Advantage of Mobile Computing
Now these days, Mobile Computing has more need because there are various benefits such as:
- Increasing Productivity – Mobile devices can be used in the field of various instruments, so reducing time and cost for customers and themselves.
- Entertainment – For entertainment purposes, mobile computing devices can be used for both people and customers for personal and even presentations.
- Portability – The main advantages of this, you are not bound to one Zone . It help to access any wireless devices without place boundation.
- Cloud Computing – This service is available to save documents on online servers and whenever you make a connection to the Internet, they are able to access them at any time and anywhere and these files can be used for many mobile devices or even That can also access on PC.