In this post, we will fully explain various advantages and disadvantages of Coaxial Cable; as well as Benefits and Drawbacks of coaxial cable without getting any hassle.
Overview of Coaxial Cable
Coaxial cable is shortened to “Coax” cable. Coaxial cable is a simply copper cable that helps to transfer the electrical signals in between the multiple electrical devices, systems or other components.
Coaxial cable is also capable to pass the RF (Radio Frequency) in the form of transverse electromagnetic wave.Mostly, this cable is used for transmitting lines, as well as it can pass high frequency signals at the low loss. Coaxial cable was designed by English engineer and mathematician Oliver Heaviside, in 1880.
Article Hot Headlines:
In this section, we will show you all headlines about this entire article; you can check them as your choice; below shown all:
- Overview of Coaxial Cable
- Advantages of Coaxial Cable
- Disadvantages of Coaxial Cable
- FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions)
- What are the advantages of coaxial cable over fiber optic cable?
- What are the advantages of coaxial cable over twisted pair cable?
- What are the main disadvantages of coaxial cable?
Let’s Get Started!!
Advantages of Coaxial Cable
There are various advantages and benefits of coaxial cable over the twisted pair cable; below explain each one –
Transmission with Highly Frequency
Coaxial cable is able to transmit data various frequencies at the same time because it is constructed by shield and copper material, so it is capable to make transmission effectively. Coaxial cable has ability to transmit data both h several connections and internet at the same line without any hindrance otherwise interference signals.
Having a Huge Capacity
Coaxial cable has large number of copper wires which are banded with each other, so it has ability to transmit data with large amount of data up to 100 Mbps. Due to its massive capacity, it can supply for fast network immediately.
Easy to Install
Coaxial cable can be easily installed compare to fiber cable. Due to its basic hand hooks, it’s all jobs are completed without any complexities. This cable can be extended as per need and split as well. If, any time it gets to damage then it is easy to repair.
Coaxial cable is a multipurpose cable, and it can be used for performing several functions. It can be hooked on your TV, DVD and other connectors. It is also more useful for connecting satellite dish or PCs, and this cable is capable to send any types of data from video to data signals.
Having Highly Protective
Coaxial cables are designed such manner that thick shield and layer protect them. This technique helps to protect inner delicate wire from breaking or starting a fire. It also provides the protection to interference of signals from the outer environment.
Coaxial cable has ability to supply power since it is metallic. For example, network modem helps to save a internet phone service, where are getting to power outages.
Other Benefits and Pros of Coaxial Cable
- Coaxial cable is less expensive.
- It has great flexibility, so it can easily to install and scaled as per need.
- It allows to transfer data at higher transmission rate.
- Coaxial cable is capable to support higher bandwidth signal transmission than twisted pair cable.
- It contains the less susceptible to noise or interference than twisted cable.
- It can increase the tensile strength of cable and decrease the weight.
- It is mostly used in high frequency applications with using of copper clad materials for center conductor.
- Due to outer conductor, it is used to improve the attenuation and shield effectiveness.
- It has great durability.
- Best performance in short-distance transmission
- It can be used in both analog and digital data transmission.
- It has lower error rates because it has best insulation.
Disadvantages of Coaxial Cable
There are various disadvantages and drawbacks of coaxial cable over the twisted pair cable; below explain each one –
Poor Transmission in Long Distance
Coaxial cable cannot support in long distance transmission because significant data gets data loss over scaled distance.
Coaxial cable can be easily tapped by unwanted access to signals, because easy to set up a splitter or T-Joint.
Coaxial cable price can be increased while installing for long distances, because its thickness and stiffness.
Coaxial cable is bulky and heavy because it has various layers are added for providing the protection.
Other Drawbacks and Cons of Coaxial Cable
- If, one cable gets halt then entire network will be get down because single cable is used for transmission over the network.
- Need to be grounded to prevent interference.
- Due to heavy use, its speed can fluctuate.
- It has limitation for connecting number of nodes.
- Susceptible to damage from lightening strikes.
- Limited mobility
- It can get cross talk with longer cable runs
FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions)
What are the advantages of coaxial cable over fiber optic cable?
Coaxial cable contains the large number of copper wires that are banded with each other, so it is able to transmit data with large amount of data up to 100 Mbps. Cause to its massive capacity, it can supply for fast network immediately.
What are the advantages of coaxial cable over twisted pair cable?
In this post, already we have been explored many advantages of coaxial cable over the twisted pair cable in detail; you can check them.
What are the main disadvantages of coaxial cable?
- Coaxial cable is unable to support in longer distance transmission because significant data gets loss over large distance.
- It can be easily tapped by unwanted access to signals, because easy to set up a splitter or T-Joint.
Make sure that you have been completely learnt about advantages and disadvantages of Coaxial Cable; as well as benefits and drawbacks of coaxial cable with ease. If this blog post is valuable for you, then please share it along with your friends, family members or relatives over social media platforms like as Facebook, Instagram, Linked In, Twitter, and more.
If you have any experience, tips, tricks, or query regarding this issue? You can drop a comment!