Are you unable to make your Snapchat dark mode on iPhone and Android phone? Then don’t worry! Because through this article, we will explore you all possible stuffs about how to enable dark mode on Snapchat with ease.
What is Dark Mode on Snapchat? Dark Mode is also known as ‘Night Mode’ and it allows to alter the app’s color palette to make a darker background. Few people also called the ‘Bedtime Mode’ is the display option to use if you want to spend more time at night with light turned off. Dark Mode feature is presented on Instagram, Facebook and other apps, including Snapchat app.
Why to Put Dark Mode on Snapchat? When Snapchat users navigate their phones late night, then they frequently experience eye strain. Bright light in the dark environment is not comfortable for your eyes. Not only, but screen’s harsh blue light can get disturbance to sleep, then cause insomnia and chronic headaches. So you should be enabled dark mode on your iOS and Android devices that help you maintain health and your eyes.
How to Enable Dark Mode in Snapchat (iOS & Android)
In this section, we will explain all possible things, which help you to enable dark mode on Snapchat for your iOS and Android devices with ease; below shown all:
- How to Turn on Dark Mode on Snapchat on iPhone
- How to Get Dark Mode on Snapchat on Android
- Put Dark Mode on Snapchat on Android using ‘Third-Part Apps’
- How to Make Snapchat Dark Mode without App Appearance
- Get Snapchat Dark Mode on iPhone
- Getting to Add Smart Invert Shortcut
- Get Snapchat Dark Mode on Android
- FAQ (Freqently Asked Questions)
- Why Can’t I Get Dark Mode on Snapchat?
- How Do You Get Snapchat in Night Mode on iOS?
How to Turn on Dark Mode on Snapchat on iPhone
Snapchat has been announced that iPhone users can use dark mode feature, and it is very easy to turn dark mode on your Snapchat app on iPhone; here’s how:
- Firstly you have to launch Snapchat app on your iOS device.
- Then, click on <Bitmoji> icon that locating top right corner to open profile page.
- On the profile page, tap on <Settings> Gear icon at upper right corner of same screen
- On Settings page, perform scroll down to bottom to find out <App Appearance>, when found then tap on it.
- On next page, you will view three options like as Match System, Always Light, and Always Dark.
Match System: When you choose it then your Snapchat app will get incalculate the default screen setting of your iOS device.
Always Light: It enable on the light feature on Snapchat indefinitely.
Always Dark: But you must be selected the <Always Dark> option to get dark mode on your Snapchat app.
How to Get Dark Mode on Snapchat on Android
Snapchat did not announce the Dark Mode feature for Android user till now. But, Android user can also enable how to enable dark mode on snapchat that helps them insider access. With following few basic steps one by one, you can get dark mode on Snapchat. Here’s how:
- Perform swipe down and tap on <Gear icon> at top right corner to open ‘Settings Page’.
- On next page, select the <Display> option.
- Next, toggle switch on next to <Dark Mode> option to get enables ‘Dark Mode’.
- Move back to <Settings> page and scroll down to bottom and then select <About Phone> option.
- Further, choose the <Software Information> option.
- This will open several option and find out <Build Number> then frequently press it seven time, you will get an “almost there” notification about developer mode after 3 taps.
- Again move back to <Settings> page and choose the <Developer Options> option that was recently turned on.
- On next page, scroll down to bottom and turn switch on toggle next to <Force Dark Mode>.
If, you are using old version of Android, then it is not possible to get Dark mode on it. But if you wish to use forced dark mode, then you have to go APKMirror for getting to download and install an older version of Snapchat. Here’s how:
Go to your web browser and visit at APKMirror and click on to get download Snapchat version 10.72.0.0 on your Android phone. But with adopting it, you may omit out on new features. You would be get sacrifice to put Snapchat dark mode instantly.
This will let you toggle that helps you manually turn on the dark mode in the Snapchat for Android device.
Put Dark Mode on Snapchat on Android using ‘Third-Part Apps’
Another solution to put dark mode on Snapchat is by using Third-party apps. ‘Blue Light Filter‘ is best app, but this app doesn’t offer Dark Mode to Snapchat, it lets you to adjust hte harsh light that are generated from phone’s screen. Blue Light Filter app doesn’t accept rooting your Android phone and beyond of function as a screen protector. If you wish to dim the bright lighting of Snapchat, this is a non-intrusive way to do it.
How to Make Snapchat Dark Mode without App Appearance
Smart Invert or Color Inversion service is offered by Android and iOS devices. When you get to turn on Invert/Color Inversion then it automatically convert the color preventing the elements that are already used into dark nature. This is feature is developed those people who are unable to see properly, so you can applicable it to invert color of Snapchat app.
Get Snapchat Dark Mode on iPhone
If your Snapchat app hasn’t Appearance option then Smart Invert or color Inversion is best solution for you. Here’s how:
- Launch <Settings> app on your iOS device
- Perform scroll down and click on <Accessibility> option.
- Next, choose the <Display & Text Size> option.
- Then swipe down to bottom and see for <Smart Invert> option.
Getting to Add Smart Invert Shortcut
If you prefer to use Accessibility Shortcuts then you can also tweak the Smart Invert settings in your iOS device. But Accessibility Shortcuts are presented on iPhone 8 or above and iOS 14 or above version.
Enable and disable Smart Invert feature by tapping Double-Triple Click Home/Side Button.
If you have iPhone 7 or below then add it:
- Navigate Settings > Accessibility > Swipe and click on ‘Accessibility Shortcut’
- Then this will open many options and select the <Smart Invert> option.
- And Exit the Settings app.
- Move back to <Settings> app on your iOS device.
- Press on Accessibility > Touch
- And go to <Back Tap>
- Now you will get an option to enable and disable Smart Invert via Double-Tap and Triple-Tap, and you can choose the option as you choice to set it up.
Get Snapchat Dark Mode on Android
You can easily get dark mode on Snapchat app to any suitable Android phone by using Colors Inversion settings. Here’s how:
- Launch app on your Android device.
- Perform scroll down to bottom and select option.
- Click on , otherwise you can find and turn on it.
- Once enabled Colors Inversion, go to Notifications pane on the screen.
- Search the option, if it is not presented, then click on button and add the option.
- When it is added, then press on to get Dark Mode in the Snapchat
FAQ (Freqently Asked Questions)
Why Can’t I Get Dark Mode on Snapchat?
You can’t get dark mode on Snapchat directly on Android phone because, till now Snapchat didn’t announce dark mode as officially on Android device, but don’t worry! If you want to put dark mode on Android device then, we already told above all procedure about it.
How Do You Get Snapchat in Night Mode on iOS?
Open Snapchat app > tap on ‘Bitmoji’ icon > tap on Settings > click on App Appearance > then select the ‘Always Dark’ to get night mode.
The Bottom Lines
Now i hope you have been completely educated about how to turn on dark mode on Snapchat for iPhone and Android devices through this article, if yes then please share it along with your friends, family members or relatives over social media platforms like as Facebook, Instagram, Linked In, Twitter, and more.
Have a Nice Day!!