In this article, we will cover about how to backup WhatsApp to Google Drive on iPhone or iPad by using 3 incredible easier tricks as “ Manually & Automatically “. At the end, you will say that it is simplest ways and I can do it myself!!
Google Drive is a best solution to your backup Whatsapp data. It lets you to offer massive storage space for free-of-cost, allows to take backup enlarge files such as images and videos, and then you can easily access backup along with each Google account.
There are no any ticks to get backup WhatsApp data on your iPhone and iPad devices to Google Drive directly, because you can take only back up to Google Drive as a used for saving photos, contacts, and calendar content on your iOS devices. The images can be taken back up in Google Photos, Contacts in Google Contacts and Calendar in Google Calendar.
If you are using iPhone then WhatsApp for iPhone only allow you to one way to take backup WhatsApp all data to iCloud and instead of this, you haven’t any option to backup WhatsApp entire data.
How to Backup WhatsApp to Google Drive on iPhone
In this section, we will guide you about how to backup WhatsApp on iPhone to Google Drive as manually and automatically. In manually, you can take backup WhatsApp Chats and Media (Photos & Videos) separately. In automatically way, you can backup WhatsApp entire data at once.
- Backup WhatsApp Chat on iPhone to Google Drive
- Backup WhatsApp Media to Google Drive on iPhone
- Entire Backup WhatsApp Chats & Media on iPhone to Google Drive
How to Backup WhatsApp Chat on iPhone to Google Drive
With following few simplest steps, you can get backup WhatsApp chat to Google Drive on iPhone or iPad; here’s how:
- Firstly you have to need launch WhatsApp on your iPhone or iPad
- Press on <Settings> app
- Tap on <Chats> option
- This will open many options, select <Export Chat>
- Next you have to need choose the contact whose chat you want to take backup.
- Further you will be asked to select “Attach Media” or “Without Media“, if you wish to include media files, then you have to go with <Attach Media> and proceed.
This will bring up several share icons
If you choose <Google Drive> option
- Then you can choose the location where you want to upload zip file and click on <Upload> tab.
- Check your uploaded zip file into Google Drive that is presented or not.
Note: Google Drive doesn’t allow you to import your exported WhatsApp backup, but you can view this file by getting to unzip it.
Limitation: Import 20,000 latest chats along with media and 40,000 chats without any adding with media files.
If you choose <Gmail> icon, and then enter your desired email address in the recipient box and press <Send> button.
- Once done it, open email where you sent it with introducing credential and tap <Google Drive> icon to keep save the all chats.
How to Backup WhatsApp Media to Google Drive on iPhone
If you don’t prefer to take backup Chat along with media, then you can get the back up of WhatsApp images and videos on your Google Drive. Here we will talk about how to backup WhatsApp Images and Videos on iPhone to Google Drive:
Firstly you have to need sync the WhatsApp images iPhoto to Google Drive; to do this:
- Launch WhatsApp on your iPhone or iPad devices.
- Then press on <Settings> option.
- Next you have to find chat option and tap on it.
- Now enable the toggle <Save to Camera Roll>
Once completed this process, WhatsApp keep to store all images and videos directly to camera roll, and then you can take backup to your Google Drive as your selection. Here’s how:
- Open Google Drive on your device.
- Press the <Settings> option
- Next you have to tap on <Backup> button
- This will open new page <Backup to Google Drive>, select <Photos & videos> tab, and then turn on of toggle switch to take auto backup.
- Move back to Backup page, and tap on <START BACKUP> to begin backup your all images an videos to Google Photos.
Note: Must be stable internet access.
Entire Backup WhatsApp Chats & Media on iPhone to Google Drive
Of course, you haven’t any ways to take fully backup WhatsApp to Google Drive on your iPhone or iPad directly. But in this part, we will discuss how you can take fully WhatsApp backup on iPhone. For this, you have to need an Android as a middleware and third-party tool for backing up.
With following three simple steps, you can take backup WhatsApp on your iPhone:
1) Take WhatsApp Backup on iPhone
- Firstly you have to need any third-party tool, we use MobileTrans, you can download it from its official website and install on your iOS device.
- Once done it, open this tool and connect iPhone along with your computer.
- Next you will come on home page of MobileTrans and choose <WhatsApp Transfer> option.
- Select <WhatsApp> from left side bar, and then choose <Backup WhatsApp messages> option.
- MobileTrans will take sometimes for detecting your WhatsApp on your system and click on <Start> button to start back up on your iPhone.
2) Transfer WhatsApp backup from iPhone to Android
- Launch MobileTrans and connect Android device with computer.
- Choose <Backup&Restore> tab and select <WhatsApp> option
- Further you have to need to choose your iPhone backups to transfer.
- Once finished this process, your all data has been restored into Android phone.
3) Take Backup WhatsApp from Android to Google drive
- Launch WhatsApp on Android device
- Go to <Settings> option
- Next you have to tap on <Chats> option from given list
- Further select the <Chat backup> option
- Now finally, under the “Google Drive label“, shift the option into <Back up to Google Drive> to help the backup of WhatsApp data into your Google Drive.
At The End
At the above, we guide you about all possible methods to take backup WhatsApp to Google Drive on iPhone. You can choose one of them as your convinces.
If really this article is most useful for you then please share it on your social media platforms like as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and more!!