In this article, we will guide you about how to download and install Google Chrome on Mac and Macbook. At the end, you will capable to get Google chrome on Mac without any technical skill.
Chrome is a most eminent internet browser that is introduced by Google. Chrome browser is a fast and lightweight, and you can download Chrome for free-of-cost and install it on your macOS, windows, Linux, Android, and iOS. So here you will learn about how to get Google Chrome on Mac and Macbook.
Note: if you are living in Chine, then you are not able download chrome browser without using a VPN.
Requirements for Google Chrome Download on Mac
If you want to install Google Chrome on your Mac system, then your Mac must meet few system requirements. To get Chrome browser on Mac computer, you must be in macOS 10.10 (Yosemite) or above. If you have less version of macOS then you haven’t chance to install chrome browser.
How to Download and Install Chrome on Mac
With following few basic steps, you can download and install Google chrome on Mac.
Download Google Chrome on Mac
- If you are using macOS 10.10 or later version then Ok, otherwise firstly you have to download it from its official website.
- Once done it, you have to visit https://www.google.com/chrome on your Safari or other using web browser on your Mac computer, and then click on <Download Chrome> button.
- Next this will open download page <Download Chrome for Mac>, and then press the button on <Accept and Install> to accept the license agreement.
Install Google Chrome on Mac
- Once downloaded Google Chrome browser on macOS, you will get <dmg> file, and then perform double click on this file.
- Now you have to wait few seconds to open Google Chrome.
- Next drag and drop Google Chrome icon to Application folder icon, and then this installer will copy Chrome browser to your Mac.
- Once completed this process, go to Application folder and click on <Google Chrome> icon to open it.
Important!! Before opening your new Chrome browser on your Mac, you should be clean up the installer files. If, you don’t this then this will occupy more space on hard drive unnecessarily. How to do:
- Open Finder and click on <arrow> next to <Google Chrome> into sidebar.
- Now go to <Download> folder and drag <dmg> to trash.
Set Chrome as Default Browser on Mac
If you wish to set Google Chrome browser as a default on your Mac computer, then open Chrome > click on <…> icon “that showing as top right corner” and select <Setting> option.
And get scroll down and tick <Make Google Chrome my default browser> option.
Enable Automatic Chrome Update on Mac
Once completed download and install Google Chrome into Application folder, and you want to enable Google Chrome to update automatically, and then follow basic steps:
- Open Google Chrome on Mac
- Press <…> icon, click Help > About Google Chrome, and then you have to need check <Automatically update Chrome for all users> option.
Fix: Can’t Install Google Chrome on Mac
If you are getting problems while downloading and installing Google Chrome on Mac, so here we will show troubleshooting tips that help you fix these problems.
- Making ensure your macOS version must be macOS 10.10 (Yosemite) or above.
- Must be select right type of processor of Mac to download Google Chrome
How to Check: click on <Apple> icon and hit on <About this Mac>, and then under <Overview> tab you can see your Mac processor type next <Processor>.
- Making ensure your internet coverage should be good.
- Delete installation file, then you can try to download Google Chrome.
- Temporarily disable antivirus program and firewall, if they are enabled.
Keyboard Shortcuts of Google Chrome
Here, we will show you best keyboard shortcuts, and you can take more advantages of them. These shortcuts help you become more productive:
- <⌘ + Shift + N> Open private window (Incognito mode)
- <⌘ + T> open new one tab in browser
- <⌘ + W> Close same tab
- <⌘ with tapping + or – keys> To Zoom in and out
- <⌘ + F> to find our certain word on the web page.
- <⌘ + L> Go to Chrome’s URL bar
- Jump to certain tabs holding Command and choosing a number (e.g. 1, 2, or 9)
Benefits of Google Chrome for Mac
Cause of most common and compelling reasons, people prefer to get Google Chrome on your Mac.
- Web developer tools let you easy to test web apps on your Google Chrome that means sound compatibility along with latest websites and tech standards.
- User can sign into your Google’s account by using Google Chrome. You can use all services and data in your Google account, and synchronize it with their other devices.
- Chrome can support by nearly each device and operating system, like as Windows and Apple products, but Safari can support only iOS and macOS.
- Google Chrome can run on several platforms like as Windows, iOS, Android, Linux, and more. Whereas Safari can run only Macs and iOS devices systems.
- Google Chrome allows you to expand your browser’s functionality with installing many extensions. Safari can also support several extensions but compare it Chrome has a much bigger selection. Approximate 10000 extensions are presented for Google Chrome, and then you can take more advantages of features, such as ad-blocking, web developer tools, and etc.