If you have to need disable Find My iPhone service, then you have come at right place, because here we will explain you about how to turn off Find My iPhone by using 5 easiest methods.
The ‘Find My iPhone’ feature is an amazing way that helps to prevent your iPhone or iPad for getting misplace or being stolen as it lets you to trace and lock your iOS device, even if you don’t have it with you. When ‘Find My iPhone’ is turned on, then you can view the location of your iPhone or iPad on the map, and share your location along with other person as well. It also lets you to remotely erase the data from your lost iPhone.
If you are selling your iOS device or buying is as second hand or giving it away, then you are going to disable ‘Find My iPhone’ first. Because next user can get very inconvenient if last owner’s iPhone feature is still enabled.
So it also becomes necessary to turn off ‘Find My iPhone’ before getting to sell your iOS device or giving away. You should be remember Apple ID password before going to disable ‘Find My’ feature on your iOS device, if you don’t know password, then don’t worry! Read this: how to turn off Find My iPhone without password by using 9 easy ways as freely!
How to Turn Off Find My iPhone
In this section, we will explore all couple of methods about how to disable Find My iPhone service with ease; below shown all:
- Turn off Find My iPhone from Own Phone
- Method 1: Via ‘Settings App’
- Method 2: Via Sign Out iCloud
- Disable Find My iPhone on iCloud remotely from PC/Laptop
- Remove Find My iPhone from another iPhone or iPad
- FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions)
- Can iPhone be Tracked if Find My iPhone is Turned Off?
- How do I Turn off Find My iPhone after Factory Reset?
How to Turn Off Find My iPhone from Own Phone
With following few simplest steps, you can easily turn off ‘Find My iPhone’ feature from your iPhone or iPad by using two basic methods; below shown both:
Also Read: How to Stop Sharing Location Without Them Knowing on iPhone? 10 Ways!!
Method 1: Via ‘Settings App’
- Firstly open <Settings> app on your iPhone or iPad or iPod touch.
- Next, press on your name in the Apple ID at the top
- On next screen, click on <iCloud> option
- This will open many option, scroll down to bottom and press on <Find My iPhone>.
- On resulting page, toggle switch off <Find my iPhone>
- If you get confirmation pop-up then put your Apple ID Password and press on <Turn OFF> option.
Method 2: Via Sign Out iCloud
In this method, you are going to sign out iCloud completely, then ‘Find My iPhone’ feature will turn off automatically. Here’s how:
- You have to launch <Settings> app, and then tap on ‘Your Name’.
- Next page, scroll down and find out <Sign Out> then tap on it.
- Further, you will get pop-up, type your Apple ID password and click on <Turn off> option.
- On next page, you will get pop-up that asking you wish to keep a copy of your data on this iPhone. You can toggle on those option as per your choose to keep a copy. And then click on <Sign Out> to disable iCloud on your iPhone.
Note: iCloud is logged out on your iPhone and ‘Find My iPhone’ feature is turned off as well.
How to Disable Find My iPhone on iCloud Remotely from PC/Laptop
If you don’t have another iPhone or iPad, don’t worry! You can easily disable ‘Find My iPhone’ function remotely on iCloud without iPhone or iPad, then you can prefer your computer or laptop; here’s how:
Also Read: How to Turn on Find My iPhone and iPad? Pretty Simple Steps!!
- Firstly you have to open your browser on your system and visit at www.icloud.com , put your Apple Id credential and sign in.
- Once opened it, click on <Find iPhone> tabe
- Next, click on <All Devices> then you will see all devices which are linked with your iCloud account.
- Further, you have to choose your device for which you want to disable “Find My iPhone” feature and then click on <X> button that locating next to your device.
- Now your iPhone has been completely removed from Apple’s ‘Find My’ service.
How to Remove Find My iPhone from another iPhone or iPad
If you want to remove Find My iPhone feature, but you don’t have your own iOS device, don’t worry! Here we will tell you about how you can remove ‘Find My’ feature from another iOS device; to do this:
- Firstly you have to need launch <Find My iPhone> app on another device.
- Choose the device for which you wish to deactivate <Find My iPhone> feature.
- Next, Scroll down and up to find out <Erase This Device>, press on it.
- When your device has been erased completely, then tap on <Remove This Device> option; press on <Remove> option.
FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions)
Can iPhone be Tracked if Find My iPhone is Turned Off?
Yes! you are able to track the location of your lost or stolen iPhone along with ‘Find My Network’ feature, but this service is available only iPhone 11 and above version.
How do I Turn off Find My iPhone after Factory Reset?
- Go to Settings > Your Name > iCloud > tap on ‘Sign Out’, and then put your Apple Id password and press on ‘Turn Off’.
- Move back to Settings > General > Reset > Erase All Content and Settings
Now i hope you fully aware about how to turn off Find My iPhone through this article, if yes then please share it along with your friends, family members or relatives over social media platforms like as Facebook, Instagram, Linked In, Twitter, and more.
Have a Nice Day!