Are you wondering how to stop sharing location without them knowing? Don’t worry! Here we will explore all possible things about how to turn off location on iPhone without them knowing by using 10 pretty simple methods.
Mostly iPhone or iPad’s user’s real-time location is accessible to friends, relatives and family members. So they can easily track your current location anytime. If you are concerned about privacy, you are going to hide your current location.
Also Read: How to Turn on Find My iPhone and iPad? Pretty Simple Steps!!
If you wish that they are unable to access your live location without knowing them, so you can implement it with ease. Causes of other reasons, you don’t share current location when you go somewhere.
How to Stop Sharing Location on iPhone
In this section, we have mentioned many methods about how to stop sharing location on your iPhone without informing anyone; below shown all:
- Stop Sharing Your Location without Them Knowing via ‘Turn Off Find My iPhone’
- Hide Your Location on iPhone Without Them Knowing via ‘Turn on Airplane Mode’
- Turn Your Location off with Specific Person via Turn Off ‘Share My Location’
- Turn Location off Without Someone Knowing via ‘Find My App’
- Stop Sharing Location without Them Knowing on ‘iMessage’
- Using ‘Messages App’
- Using ‘Contact’
- Hide Your Current Location using ‘Another iPhone or iPad’
- Stop Sharing Location without Them Knowing via ‘Switch iOS Device’s Location’
- Hide your Current Location via ‘Precise Location’
- Share Fake location from iPhone instead of Current Location
- FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions)
- Can I Stop Sharing Locations to Someone a Particular Member?
- How Do I Stop Sharing My Location Without Notifying?
- Does Sharing My Location still Work if My Phone is Turned off?
- Can You Fake Your Location on Find My iPhone?
- How Can You Tell If Someone Stopped Sharing Your Location?
- Can Someone still See Your Location on Airplane Mode?
How to Stop Sharing Your Location without Them Knowing via ‘Turn Off Find My iPhone‘
When you get to disable the ‘Find My iPhone’ feature, then other guys would not able to find your current location anymore. However, you are unable to track the location of your iOS device either you lost or stolen it. So you must be aware about disabling this feature. Here’s how:
- Open your <Settings> app on your device.
- Next page, press <your name> locating below your profile pic
- Further you have to navigate ‘Find My’ > ‘Find My iPhone’
- On the next page, you get turn toggle off ‘Find My iPhone’
- Next, put your Apple ID and password, you get a pop-up to confirm, and then tap on your choice.
- Once completed this process, tap on <Done>.
How to Hide Your Location on iPhone Without Them Knowing via ‘Turn on Airplane Mode’
It is easiest way to hide your location by enabling the Flight mode or Airplane mode on your iOS device. While turning on airplane mode feature, your all network connection and internet connection will not be connected with your device.
But this trick is suitable for short time whenever you don’t wish to make or receive any call. You have to way to enable airplane mode:
- Open your Control Center on iPhone by getting to swipe down to up.
- Press on the ‘Aeroplane icon’ to turn on flight mode.
Go to ‘Settings‘ then turn toggle on ‘Aeroplane Mode’
How to Turn Your Location off with Specific Person via Turn Off ‘Share My Location’
Without getting to turn on flight mode, you can also turn off your current location with specific person (any friend or family member) without notifying him; to do this:
- Launch your ‘Find My’ app on your iPhone or iPad.
- Once opened it, tap on <People> option locating bottom left corner.
- On next screen, press on person with whom you want to stop sharing your location.
- Further, scroll bottom to up and tap on <Stop Sharing My Location> option.
- You will get a pop-up to confirmation and tap on <Stop Sharing Location> option.
Now particular person chosen would not able to view your location and unable to receive any notifications.
How to Turn Location off Without Someone Knowing via ‘Find My App’
With following few basic steps, you can also stop location sharing with all person by using ‘Find My’ app. Here’s how:
- Open <Find My> app on your iOS devices.
- On next screen, press on <Me> tab that locating at the bottom.
- Now turn toggle off <Share My Location> option.
How to Stop Sharing Location without Them Knowing on ‘iMessage’
If you want to hide your location from iMessage then you have to come at a right section of this article. iMessage app lets you to built-in feature to stop sharing current location for particular person; here’s how:
Using ‘Messages App’
- Firstly you have to open <Messages> app on your iOS device.
- Next, you can choose any certain conversation of contact number with whom you wish to hide your location.
- Press the <Info icon> that showing at top right corner.
- On next screen, tap on <Stop Sharing My Location> option, here you can also choose the time duration up to which you wish to stop sharing location along with contact.
- Launch ‘Contacts‘ app on your iOS device.
- Tap on any specific contact from which you wish to cancel share my location.
- On next screen, tap on <Stop sharing My location> option.
How to Hide Your Current Location using ‘Another iPhone or iPad’
It is possible to change your current location on your iPhone or iPad without them knowing. iPhone offers an amazing feature that lets you to share location from another iPhone or iPad. Here’s how to use this feature in order:
In First Stage ‘Enable Share My Location’
- Open <Settings> app on your iPhone.
- Click on your name and then press on <Find My> option.
- Next, you have to turn toggle on <Share My Location> option.
In Second Stage:
- Same as, get access to another iPhone whose location you wish to share. Navigate ‘Settings’ > ‘Profile‘ > ‘Find My’ and turn on <Share My Location> option.
- Launch <Find My> app on that device.
- On next screen, click on <Me> option that locating at bottom right corner, and then enable <Share My Location> option.
- Further click on <Edit Location Name> option and set a label. Tap on <People> tab that showing at bottom left right corner.
- Scroll down the people list and click on <Share My Location> option.
- Now choose the name from contacts and press on <Send to start sharing location> to your iPhone.
How to Stop Sharing Location without Them Knowing via ‘Switch iOS Device’s Location’
When you are using many Apple devices along with same Apple ID, then you can easily set one of them as your location sharing device. You can select one like as Apple Watch, then people are unable to track your current location in real-time. To do this:
- Launch your <Settings> app on your device.
- Click on your name and tap on <Find My> option.
- Further click on <Use This iPad as My Location> option.
- Once done it, your location has been set whereas your iPad is presented.
How to Hide your Current Location via ‘Precise Location’
Precise location means that your exact or current or real-time location. Your location is shared via few applications like as Find my app, imessage, Google map, Find my friends, Glymps, and more. So these apps are going to share the real-time location where you are present while getting to enable the ‘Precise Location’.
If you get to turn off your precise location then these applications would not able to share the specific or current location. Here’s how:
- Launch <Settings> app on your iPhone.
- On next screen, scroll down to bottom and tap on <privacy> option.
- Further, press on <location services> option.
- This will open several applications which are getting to access your device’s location, and then tap on specific app ‘Google Map’, ‘Find My’ or other that you want to hide location.
- On resulting screen, turn toggle off next to <precise location> option.
How to Share Fake location from iPhone instead of Current Location
By using this trick, you can send fake real-time location for those people who are trying to access your location. For this, you have to need to install software on your system whether it is laptop or PC or phone.
With following few simple steps, you can share fake location from your iPhone to someone without knowing them:
- Firstly you have to download and install the ‘Tenorshare iAnyGo’ on your system from its official website.
- Once this software installed, launch it on your system.
- Next, click on <Enter> button.
- Further, connect your iPhone along with your system through USB cable.
- Once connected it, system will retrieve your device’s live location.
- Enter the fake location on your system on address/GPS coordinate option otherwise you can click the location on map where you wish to share your location.
Now if anyone tries to track your location then your fake location will be shown at the front of them.
FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions)
Can I Stop Sharing Locations to Someone a Particular Member?
Yes! It is possible to stop your real-time location with any certain person. In the article, we already showed its possible way to applicable it.
How Do I Stop Sharing My Location Without Notifying?
With this article, we have been explored 10 possible methods which help you to stop sharing your live location without informing to someone them.
Does Sharing My Location still Work if My Phone is Turned off?
It’s not possible to share your location if your phone gets turned off because your phone has not any internet connectivity.
Can You Fake Your Location on Find My iPhone?
Yes! You can also share any fake location on Find My iPhone. We also mentioned this trick in the article. You can check it.
How Can You Tell If Someone Stopped Sharing Your Location?
If user is existed in your circle turned off his location sharing, then you would have a notification alert or message below the name saying <Location Paused>.
Can Someone still See Your Location on Airplane Mode?
Never! It is not possible with any method when you enable Airplane mode.
With this article, we have been full explained about how to stop sharing location without them knowing as well as how you can hide location on your iPhone. If this content is useful for you then share it along with your friends, family members and relatives over the social media platforms like as Facebook, Instagram, Liked In, Twitter, etc.
Have a Nice Day!!