If, you want to try hiding your precious post content from individual or group of people who might go looking for you on Instagram, then you have to right to make your Instagram account as private by changing privacy setting.
By default, on Instagram everyone can send your all shared posts and your profile as well, but Instagram offers you to make your account as private so that only your followers who approved by you are able to see your shared content.
How to Set your Account to Private from The Instagram App
Here, we spread the light step by step which you can follow all instructions, and set your Instagram account to private from Instagram app.
Here, we will help you set your Instagram account to private from your Android and iOS device.
- First of all, to open your Instagram app on your selected device such as Android or iOS.
- Have to go on your <Profile>, and tap three lines menu at the top right of your screen
- Next, Click on icon and then your <Setting Menu> will be appeared on your screen.
- Further, you have option tap Privacy and then show < Account Privacy> under it.
- Finally, you need to tap again Private Account to make your account private.
How to Set Instagram Account to Private on Your Computer or Mobile Browser
If, you want to try set your Instagram account to private on your PC (computer) otherwise mobile browser, then you should be follow few steps; below given each one –
- Firstly, you have to open <instagram.com> website on your PC or Mobile browser
- Further, click on your <Account Avatar> that showing at the top right-hand corner on your screen, and then you enter into your <Profile Page>.
- Next, click on <Setting> icon, and open your <Setting Menu>
- In this menu, you will see <Privacy and Security>, and click on it.
- Below the <Account Privacy>, hit to check box next to <Private Account>
What Happens When Your Instagram Account is set to Private
- After making your account private, people who want to try follow they will have to fire you follow requests to see your shared posts.
- All follow requests which you will receive will appear
- In , you have to right for either approve or ignore them.
- If, you do not want show your shared posts to someone who already following you, then you have option to get block them.
- All Instagram users are able to send any image or videos to you without following you.