Trying to combine multiple PDFs together? Don’t take headaches.
In this article, we will guide you about how to combine PDF files on Mac as well as how to merge multiple PDFs into one on Mac. At the end, you will say that it is easier task and i can do it myself.
If you have multiple PDF documents to share, and to avoid sending multiple attachments in any email, so you can merge and organized these multiple PDF files into one PDF.
If you have Mac or Macbook then this is golden opportunity for you because here we will show simply 10 methods, you can use one of them to combine your multiple PDF files into one PDF.
How to Combine PDF Files on Mac using Preview
Read Also: How to Encrypt PDF on Mac? Simple 6 Methods
Apple offers amazing utility on your Mac like as “Preview”. Preview app allows you to perform various operations on different types of documents and files without needing any third party program. Preview presents pre-installed and free-of-cost to use.
Combine Multiple PDFs Documents into One File
- Firstly launch Preview app on your Mac, and then open PDF document you wish to add other PDFs file.
- Go to Menu bar View > Thumbnail then this will enable thumbnail view in sidebar.
- Next choose the page that you wish to merge new PDFs to.
- Further navigate Edit > Insert > Page from File.
- Choose PDF document you wish to combine and hit on <Open> option.
- Now your all PDF files will be order one below to other.
- Navigate File > Export as PDF, and select the location where to save the PDF.
- Finally, click on <Save> button.
Combine Part of PDF into another PDF File
- Launch Preview on your Mac
- Next you have to open PDF file you wish to merge.
- Go to View > Thumbnails, to enable thumbnail view on every PDF documents, and then you will view page thumbnails into sidebar.
- Keep pressing and hold <Command key>, and choose the page thumbnail, you wish to combine to other file. Let release Command key.
- Now you have to drag the chosen thumbnail to sidebar of other PDF, and the release where you wish to them to go.
- Navigate File > Export as PDF, and select the location where to save the PDF, and click on <Save> button.
How to Combine PDF Files on Mac using Finder
If you have many PDF files, you wish to combine them into one PDF file then you can do it with helping of Finder, but make ensure all PDF files are presented into same folder. Here’s how:
- Choose PDF file you wish to combine.
- Make right click on selected file.
- Navigate Quick Actions> Create PDF, and then Finder will make a new one PDF file into same folder.
- You can also use <Page Thumbnails> to reorganize the all PDF pages.
NOTE: It does not allow you to work along with .doc or .xls extensions.
How to Combine PDF Files on Mac Using Third-Party Programs
Preview and Finder are Mac’s in-built utility that provide few limited features, if you want to use enhance features for combing multiple PDF files then you can use third party programs; below mentioned all:
- Merge PDFs on Mac Using ‘Smallpdf’
- Merge PDF Files on Mac Using ‘PDFsam’
- Merge PDFs on Mac Using ‘PDFelement’
- Merge PDF Files on Mac Using ‘Pdfmerg’
- Merge PDFs on Mac Using ‘PDF Expert’
- Merge PDF Files on Mac using ‘Combine PDF’
- Merge PDF Files on Mac using Adobe Acrobat
Merge PDFs on Mac Using ‘Smallpdf’
- Firstly you have to open <Smallpdf Merge PDF online tool > on you Mac’s browser.
- Next you can drag you PDF file into ‘Drop PDF Area’ otherwise hit on <Choose File> option to choose PDF file from your PC’s storage area.
- Once selected files, hit on <Choose> tab.
- Further PDF files will be uploaded on the website. Samllpdf lets you two modes for getting to merge PDF files. “File mode and Page mode”.
File Mode: It allows you to preview for every PDF file, and then you can reorder these PDFs and hit on <Merge PDF!> button to merge those PDF’s files.
Page Mode: It lets you to view all pages from all PDFs listed here. Here, you can drag pages around to reorder them. You can also hit on <Delete> button to delete a certain page from your PDF.
- Once done it, hit on <Merge PDF!>
- Now you have to precede next page, and the hit on button, you will get your merged PDF file into your download folder.
Merge PDF Files on Mac Using ‘PDFsam’
PDFsam is free and open source offline software. PDFsam also lets you to merge multiple PDF documents into single PDF file. Here’s how:
- Firstly download PDFsam from its official website as free version, and open it on your Mac or Macbook.
- Next hit on <Merge> option
- Further you have to drag and drop PDF files you wish to merge into new one window, and hit on <Add> tab that showing at top left corner.
- Choose if you wish to normalize page size, add footers, or include a table of contents.
- Once done it, hit on <Run> button that visible at the bottom.
- Now hit on <Open> to view your new PDF file.
Merge PDFs on Mac Using ‘PDFelement’
- Firstly, download PDFelement editor from its official website and install it on your Mac with following on screen installation instructions.
- Once done finish it, open this program on Mac system.
- Click on <Tool> button and select <Combine PDF>, and then press <Add> button to choose your desired PDF file from your PC and import them to the editor software.
- Next this will open new window and select option to customize the combined PDF as you wish. And then hit on <Apply> tab to begin merging.
Merge PDF Files on Mac Using ‘Pdfmerg’
Pdfmerg is an online free tool that allows you to merge multiple files into single PDF document. Here’s how:
- Visit www.pdfmerge.com website
- Next you have to hit on <Choose File> button to choose PDF files you wish to merge.
- Click on <More files> to insert more PDF files
- Now finally press <Merge!> to begin to merge PDF files online.
Merge PDFs on Mac Using ‘PDF Expert’
PDF Expert is a third party editor that allows you to merge multiple PDF files into one PDF file, as well as offering many other features.
Merge two PDFs
- Launch PDF Expert and open your PDF file
- Next hit on <Page Thumbnails icon>
- Press <Append File> option that showing at the top toolbar.
- Choose PDF you wish to combine.
Merge More Than 2 PDF Files
- Open PDF Expert and go to File > Merge Files
- Choose all PDF files to merge and hit on <Merge> option.
- Once done it, you have to save combined PDF file then File > Save As
Merge PDF Files on Mac using ‘Combine PDF’
Combine PDF is a free online tool that lets you to combine multiple PDF files into one PDF. How to use it:
- Firstly visit www.combinepdf.com website, and then hit on <Upload Files>
- And then find our desire PDF files you wish to merge and hit on <Choose>
- These PDF files will upload on this website, and wait sometime and both PDFs view on <Download> option.
- To change the order by making drag and drop the files
- Hit on <Combine> button to merge these PDF files.
- Merged PDF file automatically gets to download to your Mac’s download folder with named <pdf>
- Now you can open this merged PDF file with using of Preview.
Merge PDF Files on Mac using Adobe Acrobat
Adobe Acrobat is not free, it is a paid version but it allows you many amazing features beyond of merge PDF files. So you can also use it for combining multiple PDFs into one. How to use it:
- Firstly you have to need download Adobe Acrobat from its official website, and install it.
- Launch Adobe Acrobat program on your Mac.
- Navigate ‘File > Create > Combine Multiple Files into a single PDF‘
- Next hit on <Add Files or Add Open Files> and put multiple PDF files you wish to merge.
- Now finally you have to need press <Combine> button to combine your chosen files into one PDF file.