In this article, we will guide you about how to sign a PDF document on Mac with using Preview and without Preview app. At the end of this article, you will say that it is easier task and i can do it myself.
Today, mostly PDFs formats are used for sending and receiving important document. So, electronic signatures have cut hours from the traditional approval process. Inserting a signature to PDF document on your Mac system is incredible easy to ever.
Read Also: How to Encrypt PDF on Mac? Using 6 Hacks!!
How to Sign a PDF Document on Mac
In this section, we will teach you about how you can create and add electronic signature on your Mac computer:
- How to Create Signature on Mac Using Preview
1) Create Electronic Signature to PDF on Mac with ‘Trackpad’
2) Create Digitally Sign to PDF on Mac with ‘Camera’
- How to Add Signature to PDF on Mac using Preview
- How to Sign PDF Document on Mac without Preview
- How to Delete Signature in Mac
Now let’s start!!
How to Create Signature on Mac Using Preview
Here, we will show you about how to create electronic signature on your Mac with using two methods like as “using Trackpad and Mac’s Camera”.
Create Electronic Signature to PDF on Mac with ‘Trackpad’
Preview is an amazing built-in app in Mac that is offering many stunning features like as can be editing on different types of documents, as well as great dealing to electronic sign a PDF document on Mac. Here’s how to do it:
- Firstly you have to need open your Preview app on your Mac.
- Next open your PDF document in Preview.
- Further navigate View > Show Markup Toolbar and click on it./span>
- Now click on <Signature>
- Next you have to click <Click Here to Begin> tab.
- And Draw your signature with helping of laptop’s track pad.
- Once done it, hit on <Done> button.
- Now click on your created signature, and then you can drag it to where it requires being within PDF document.
Create Digitally Sign to PDF on Mac with ‘Camera’
Read Also: How to Reduce PDF File Size on Mac without Losing Quality? 10 Ways!!
If, you don’t wish to use your laptop’s track pad to create signature then you have also another option. With the help of Mac’s built-in camera, you can create digitally signature on your Mac. With following few simple steps, you can do it:
- Firstly you have to need launch Preview app on your Mac.
- Next open your PDF document in Preview app.
- Further navigate View > Show Markup Toolbar and click on it.
- Now click on Signature > create Signature
- Hit on <Camera> tab.
- Sign your signature center on the white blank paper and hold it up to Mac’s camera and blue line.
- Mac takes few seconds to fetch your signature from white paper.
- Once done it, your signature will be displayed, and then click on <Done> button to save signature.
- Now press the <Signature> once again and select your signature. And then drag it to where it requires being within your document.
How to Add Signature to PDF on Mac using Preview
Once you created electronic signature, you can insert signature in PDF document with following few simple steps; below mentioned all:
- Go to <Show Edit Toolbar> that showing at the top of window and click on <Edit> toolbar.
- Choose the <Signature> annotation tool from the Edit toolbar, otherwise navigate Tool > Annotate > Signature.
- Now you have to need click and drag out box for your signature where you want to place it on your PDF document and then move or re-size to accurate position.
How to Sign PDF Document on Mac without Preview
If you want to sign a PDF document on your Mac without Preview app then you have to need download PDF Expert free version, and can be added signature to PDF document. Here’s how to do it:
- Firstly you have to launch PDF Expert program on your Mac.
- Make right click where you wish to put your signature.
- Next select <Signature> from menu bar.
- Choose <My signature> to add presenting signature.
- Further choose <Customer signature> to create new one signature trackpad, keyboard or image.
- Now drag and drop it into your PDF document.
How to Delete Signature in Mac
If you don’t want to use electronic signature on your PDF documents in Mac then you can remove it. Here’s how!!
- Launch Preview and then open your PDF document.
- Next hit on <Markup> button that showing at above next to search field.
- Press the <Sign> option.
- Further hover over the signature, you want to remove.
- Now hit on <x> button to right of signature