Expert systems are a specialized type of knowledge-based system because they have heresy knowledge. This is the knowledge that comes directly from those who have worked for years within the domain. It is knowledge gained from learning.
This is the most useful type of knowledge, especially related to daily problems, which work for us by producing solutions, decisions and other positive results.
Components of Expert System
There are many components that are vital roles play in the structure of expert system, because every component have own importance in the heart of expert system.
- Knowledge-Based System
- Explanation facility
- Reasoning capacity
- Inference engine
- User interface
Knowledge-Based Management System
This is similar to the database management system in an information system. Its main function Build knowledge base with knowledge and rules.
A work area or blackboard is a memory area used to describe the current problem And archiving intermediate results.
Most expert systems have an explanation facility. It tells you how the recommendations are Removed User can know how the expert system reached the solution, why some options Disclaimed, why was asked for some information, etc. The clarification feature answers these Questions by reference to system targets, data input and decision rules.For example, in the case of evaluation of loan proposal, the explanation of the expert system will be clarified on the facility inquiry Why an application was approved and why the other was rejected. In the case of a medical specialist System such as Mycin, this feature produces trust about the expert system and the user The solution provides this problem.
The expert system has the ability to analyze whether its solution failed or succeeded Methods to improve its solution.
Intensive engine model works in the disassembly support system. this Manipulate a series of rules using forward chewing and backward chaining techniques. The following is a series of engine checking ahead… Then check the situation. based on A special solution is answered. In the techniques of backward chains, ingestion The engine starts with the target and checks if the conditions that go to that goal are present.
The system provides an interface for users to interact with the system to generate solutions. This decision is similar to the communication feature in the support system. Artificial intelligence Technology tries to provide users with a natural language interface.
Architecture of Expert System
Click Here – Advantages and Disadvantages of Expert System
Explain Structure of Expert System:
Knowledge Base – It is warehouse of special heuristics or rules, which are used directly by knowledge, facts (productions). It has knowledge that is needed for understanding, formulating, & problem solving.
- Working Memory – It helps to describe the current running problem and record intermediate output.
Records Intermediate Hypothesis & Decisions: 1. Plan, 2. Agenda, 3. Solution
- Inference Engine – It is heart of expert system as well as helps to manage entire structure of expert system, and it delivers to different methodology for reasoning.
- Explanation System – It helps to trace responsibility and justify the behavior of expert system by firing questions and answers, such as Why, How, What, Where, When, Who.
- User Interface – It allows users to insert their queries with using own Natural Language Processing otherwise menus & graphics.
- Knowledge Engineer – Main objective of this engineer is to design system for specific problem domain with using of expert system shell.
- System Engineer – To design user interface and declarative format of knowledge base as well as to build inference engine
- Users – They are non expert person who want to seek direct advice.
Expert System Shell
Expert system shell contains the special software development environment, and it has basic components of expert system such as – Knowledge-based management system, Workplace, Explanation facility, Reasoning capacity, Inference engine, user interface. This shell is linked along with pre-defined method for designing different applications through configuring of those components.
Example for Shell:
- CLIPS (C Language Integrated Production System)
- OPS5, ART, JESS, and Eclipse