3G and 4G are the networks that allow your mobile phone make connection to the Internet. The ‘G’ stands for the ‘Generation’ that represents as update or upgrade. The 3G is third generation and the 4G is fourth generation and so on. Now, here we will guide you about many difference between 3G and 4G technology; as well as comparison of 2G vs 3G vs 4G vs 5G with ease. So, at the end of this article, you will definitely fully aware about difference between 3G and 4G without any hassle.
As simple as, the ‘G’ stands for the ‘Generation’; while getting to make connection to the internet, then speed of connection varies according to the signal strength that are showing in abbreviation such as 2G, 3G, 4G, and 5G on any mobile device. Every generation of wireless broadband is going to define as the set of telephone network standards that explores the technological utilization of the system.
The main objective of the wireless communication is to offer the higher quality, reliable communication just as wired communication; as well as every new one generation is also going to represent a big leap in that direction. Cause of fastest reform in mobile technology, mobile communication is getting more popularity in last some years.
Article Hot Headlines:
In this section, we will show you all headlines about this entire article; you can check them as your choice; below shown all:
- Difference Between 3G and 4G
- Difference Between 3G and 4G As Speed Concern
- Key Differences Between 3G and 4G
- Comparison Between 3G and 4G Technology
- Comparison of 2G vs 3G vs 4G vs 5G
- FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions)
- What is the main difference between 3G and 4G architecture?
- Is there a big difference between 3G and 4G LTE?
- What was a major difference between 4G and 3G other than speed?
- How much slower is 3G compared to 4G?
Let’s Get Started
Difference Between 3G and 4G
You should be known about that both 3G and 4G are mobile computing technologies. The main difference in both technologies 3G and 4G is that 3G represents to the 3rd generation, whereas 4G represents to 4th generation for mobile communication networks. There are also shown the major difference in between 3G and 4G depend upon several parameters such as technology compliance, data transfer rate, capacity, and so on.
Difference in Between 3G and 4G in Tabular Form
- It stands for third generation technology
- It has maximum uploading transfer rate 5Mbps.
- Maximum downloading transfer rate is 21 Mbps
- It is going to implement the packet switching concept.
- Its frequency range is varying from 1.8 GHz to 2.5 GHz.
- It is getting only the lenient horizontally.
- It is going to develop as wide area cell-based network architecture.
- It is going to use the turbo codes for error correction.
- It is used the data bandwidth is 2 Mbps to 21 Mbps.
- It is used to WCDMA (Wideband Code Division Multiple Access), Digital Broadband Packet Data CDMA 2000, UMTS, EDGE, etc.
- It is going to use the broadband for internet service.
- The 3G technology standards are IMT 2000, 3.5G HSDPA, and 3.75G HSUPA.
- It stands for fourth generation technology
- It has maximum uploading transfer rate 500Mbps.
- Maximum downloading transfer rate is 1 Gbps
- Implement the packet switching and message switching concept.
- Its frequency range is varying from 2 GHz to 8 GHz.
- Getting lenient horizontally & vertically.
- Developed as wide area cell-based & Wireless LAN network.
- use the concatenated codes for error correction.
- It is used the data bandwidth is 2 Mbps to 1 Gbps.
- The 4G technology is used to LTE (Long-Term Evolution) and WiMAX (Worldwide Interoperability for Microwave Access)
- It is going to use the ultra-broadband for internet service.
- The 4G technology is used the Single Unified standard Wimax and LTE.
Difference Between 3G & 4G As Speed Concern
Key Differences Between 3G and 4G
Invention: 3G technology was introduced in 2001 and got a boom in the mid of 20s; whereas the 4G technology was launched in 2009 and gets the charge of market in 2012.
Packet Switching Concept: The 3G technology is going to use packet switching concept for data transmission instead of the air interference. On the other hand, 4G technology is also used the packet switching concept without getting any issue of air interference for data transmission.
Application: The 3G technology supports the GPS, mobile TV, audio & video calling; but the 4G technology is going to support mobile apps such as mobile TV, audio & video calling, higher speed games, GPS, wearable devices, and etc.
Data Consumption Price: In 3G technology, data pack price are very cheap compare to 4G technology as it offers the low speed over the internet, but 4G is fastest to it.
Network Structure: The 3G technology uses the wide area-based cell networks; whereas 4G uses the hybrid network to offer the high-speed network.
Communication Channel: The 3G technology allows the broadband for internet service; whereas the 4G technology offers the ultra-broadband service.
Comparison Between 3G and 4G Technology
Here, we are also going to explore many other facts about comparison in between the 3G and 4G technology; below shown each one, you can check them:
The 3G Technology:
3G stands for ‘Third Generation’; and this generation for the standard of services for mobile telecommunication that going to satisfy the IMT-2000 (International Mobile Telecommunications – 2000). It offers the user along with capability to transfer data and voice at the same time over very same network into form of instant messaging, downloading, and emails.
The 3G technology is the successor of 2G technology that provides the comparatively great broadband capacity and going to support a enlarge consumer base for data and voice at the lowest cost. The 3G technology make voice communication through circuit switching and data communication through packet switching.
The 3G are getting to support at the maximum data transfer rate like as:
- Stationary devices: 2.05 Mbits/second
- Devices which are moving at a slow pace: 384 Kbits/second
- Devices which are moving at a high pace: 128 Kbits/second
3GPP stands for ‘3rd Generation Partnership Project’ that was developed while getting to formation of governing bodies, which are enabled with both GSM and UMTS. 3GPP was doing to work underneath observation of ITU-R; it is one of sector of ITU.
It is going to responsible to manage the international radio frequency spectrum, to make ensure the sufficiently using of spectrum and get defines technology families, associates certain parts of the spectrum along with the families.
The 4G Technology:
The 4G stands for ‘Four Generation’ that is basically venture for evolving and incorporating the 3G, 2G, short range system, wireless LAN, and fixed wire system into broadcast of a single network structure that is not able to coherent and consistent but also perform all functions.
4G is the extension of 3G technology that offers the abilities defined by ITU (International Telecommunications Union) in IMT (International Mobile Telecommunications) enables some features such as flexibility, efficiency, scalability, self-governance, and security to get support interfacing along with different kinds of networks as well as multitude of new one and existed services.
The 4G offers the fully converged customised services like as data, voice, and multimedia at the 100 Mbps data rates as well as pervasive mobile access for:
- Video conferencing
- Gaming services
- High-resolution mobile television
- 3D television
- IP telephony
The advanced version of current technologies are going to cover GSM, GPRS, CDMA, IMT-2000, W-CDMA, CDMA one, Wireless LANs and Bluetooth are integrated into 4G. As well as, the higher quality audio-video streaming over edge to edge Internet Protocol is expected.
The main objective of 4GLTE was to get achieve higher mobility and global connectivity. The IP Core network is evolved furthermore to support higher data rates, and modern application services and management of IP and radio network much more efficiently and has more exacting needs.
Comparison of 2G vs 3G vs 4G vs 5G
Every generation is getting to improve over its predecessor. There are many ground comparison the cell network over; so here, following the comparison in between the 2G, 3G, 4G, 5G.
FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions)
What is the main difference between 3G and 4G architecture?
The 3G technology offers the maximum downloading rate about 21 Mbps; whereas 4G technology allows you to get download video at the much faster rate up to 1Gbps. 3G uses only packet switching concept, but 4G are integrated both message switching and packet switching concept.
Is there a big difference between 3G and 4G LTE?
LTE stands for ‘Long Term Evolution’ that is used for the specific kind of 4G technology. It provides the fastest mobile internet experience, so it is known as ‘4G LTE’. The 4G LTE enabled smartphone can get download files from the internet up to 10 times fastest compare to 3G.
What was a major difference between 4G and 3G other than speed?
- The 4G is a huge enhancement over the 3G speed wise. The 3G is able to keep manage the transmission speed of 8Mbps; whereas 4G offers the 50Mbps along with potential to get to 100Mbps.
- The 4G is capable to transmit huge volumes of video information, that 3G doesn’t; and getting to introduce the possibility to higher definition mobile TV.
How much slower is 3G compared to 4G?
The 4G has the average downloading speed around 14 Mbps (five times faster to 3G) and average upload near about 8Mbps.
I hope that you have been completely understood about several difference between 3G and 4G technology; as well as comparison of 2G vs 3G vs 4G vs 5G with ease. If this blog post is useful for you, then please share it along with your friends, family members or relatives over social media platforms like as Facebook, Instagram, Linked In, Twitter, and more.
If you have any experience, tips, tricks, or query regarding this issue? You can drop a comment!