In this article, you will learn about how to create contact group on iPhone and iPad with iCloud and without it by using pretty simple steps.
If you send a lot of text messages or emails then you have to need create a contact group, because contact group let you send messages to multiple persons at a same time. But iOS does not let you to make contact group directly, you can do it through iCloud or third party apps. Don’t worry! Here will cover all possible ways that help you to make a contact group on your iPhone and iPad with ease.
How to Create a Contact Group on iPhone 13/12/11 All Models
In this section, we will educate about all possible things which help you to make a contact group on your iPhone 13/12/11 and below by using incredible ways; below mentioned all:
- How to Create a Contact Group on iPhone & iPad using ‘iCloud’
- Make Contact Group on iPhone using iCloud
- Add Contacts to Contact Group from Text Message
- See All Contacts of Contacts Groups on iPhone
- How to Delete Group or Contacts on iPhone & iPad
- Delete Entire Group
- How to Create and Send Email Your Contact Group on iPhone & iPad
- How to Send Text Message Contact Group on iPhone & iPad
- How to Create a Contact Group on iPhone without ‘iCloud’
- Adding or Removing Contacts from Group
- FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions)
- Can I Create a Group for Texting on iPhone?
- How Do I Set up Groups on My iPhone?
- Can You Add Groups on iPhone?
How to Create a Contact Group on iPhone & iPad using ‘iCloud’
iCloud lets you to make a contact group on your iPhone and iPad. But before going to further, make ensure that all your iPhone’s contacts are saved on iCloud, and then this trick will work.
Firstly you have to need to Sync to iCloud; here’s how:
- Launch <Settings> app on your iOS device.
- Then go to Apple ID profile name > iCloud
- Head on iCloud page, Turn on toggle switch of ‘Contacts‘
Make Contact Group on iPhone using iCloud
- Open your browser on your Mac or PC and visit at https://www.icloud.com/, log in with your iCloud credential.
- Once done it, open your iCloud account and select the <Contacts> option.
- On the next page, hit on <+> icon that is locating at the bottom left corner, then select the <New Group> option.
- Now New Contact Group is created along with named ‘Untitled Group’.
- Enter your desired name for Contact Group and hit on <Enter Key> to keep save this New Contact Group.
Add Contacts to Contact Group from Text Message
Once Contacts Group has been created, you can also add any Contacts to Contact Group; to do this:
- Select the <All Contact> option from left side bar, and then right pane, choose the ‘Contacts‘ that you wish to add to your created Contact Group.
- When you select Contacts, then same time simply drag the ‘selected Contacts’ to ‘New Contact Group’ in the left side.
Important!! Press and holding <Command Key>, you can select multiple contacts. Once selected them, drag those contacts to Contact Group locating left side of your screen’s window.
See All Contacts of Contacts Groups on iPhone
Once contact Group is made on your iCloud, then you are able to see and access your Contact Group on your device. Here’s how:
- Launch <Contact> app on your iOS device and then press on <Group> tab at the top of screen.
- On Group page, you will see new ‘Contact Group’ underneath ‘iCloud‘ that you just made.
- If you want to view all contacts in your Contact Group, and then press your ‘Contact Group’, tap on <Done> option.
How to Delete Group or Contacts on iPhone & iPad
With following few basic steps, you can remove Contact Group or any specific contacts from your iPhone; here’s how:
- Visit at http://www.icloud.com on your Mac or PC and then sign in with your iCloud credential information.
- Once logged in, select the <Contacts> tab
- On next page, you have to hit on <Contact Group> from which you wish to delete Contacts from Contacts Group. Then, at the right side bar, choose the contact that you wish to delete.
- When you selected your desired contact, hit on <Gear icon> locating bottom left corner and then context menu will be open, press on <Delete> option. Now your selected Contact will be deleted from your Contact Group.
Important!! Your deleted Contacts from a Contact Group will not erase from your Contacts List on your iPhone and iPad.
To Delete Entire Group
- Select ‘Contacts‘ tab > click on ‘Contact Group’ that you want to erase.
- Further, click on <Gear icon> locating bottom left corner and then context menu will be open, press on <Delete> option.
Note: After removing a group doesn’t remove then entire contacts with in.
How to Create and Send Email Your Contact Group on iPhone & iPad
- Launch <Mail> app on your device and compose a new email.
- In the section, Enter your Group Name, then it will give you group as a suggestion and select right group and tap on it.
- Further, you have to type your message and tap on <Send> button, and then this message will be sent to every contact in group via email.
Note: Each person’s email Id must be saved into their contact information, otherwise you are not eligible to send any email.
How to Send Text Message Contact Group on iPhone & iPad
- Open <Messages> app on your iPhone or iPad
- In the <To> field, add all contacts that you wish to include in group text.
- Type your message and send it.
If you send text as Group then
- In the <To> field, add all group where as you want to send message [Must be used iMessages by each one]
- Type message and send.
How to Create a Contact Group on iPhone without ‘iCloud’
If you want to make a contacts Group on iPhone without using iCloud then you have to go with ‘Group App’, it is freely available on App store. This app lets you to create a group on your iPhone or iPad with using pretty simple steps; below shown all:
- Firstly you have to go App Store and download <Group> app and install it on your iOS device and then tap on <OK> to Allow Access your contacts from iPhone.
- Select <Group> tab that locating top left corner, then choose the <Add New Label> option. e
- On next page, assign the name of your created group and tap on <Done> option.
- Go to your created Contacts Group page, select <No Contacts — Add Some> option, and then add and move single or multiple contacts in your new group, tap on <Done> to keep save changes.
Adding or Removing Contacts from Group
- If you wish to update your created Contact group, then simply tap on <Group Name>.
- Further tap on <Manage> option that locating top right corner, and then you can do modification your Group like as adding or deleting contacts or Group itself.
- Once done it, tap on <Done> option at the top left corner, and then press on <Group Name> at the top to move back to original page.
FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions)
Can I Create a Group for Texting on iPhone?
Yes! You can make a contact group for texting on your iPhone, we already shown above all tricks, you can check them.
How Do I Set up Groups on My iPhone?
iPhone allows you to set up a contact group on your iOS device with using iCloud or third party apps. Both methods are revealed at the above.
Can You Add Groups on iPhone?
Yes! Above mentioned all possible stuff, you can navigate them.
Now I hope that you have been completely learnt about how to create a contact group on your iPhone and iPad. If this article really helpful for you that share it along with your friends, families and relatives over social media platforms like as FB, Twitter, Instagram and Linked In.
Have a Nice Day!!