In this article, we will guide you about how to fix: “Safari not working on Mac” as well as telling all reasons, why your Safari browser not working properly like as Safari not responding on Mac and running slow, Safari not opening on Mac, Safari not loading Website and other pages on Mac, and Safari not able to loading images.
And in the end, you will says that it is incredible easy troubleshoot and I can do it myself!!
Safari Not Working on Mac – Troubleshooting
In this section, we will provide optimum solution about problem Safari not working on Mac step by step. When your Safari browser is unable to work on Mac then you can get some symptoms, and on then behalf of these symptom you can identify that Safari browser not working on Mac.
- Safari not responding on Mac
- Safari running slow
- Safari won’t open on Mac
- Safari not loading Website and other pages on Mac
- Safari not able to loading images
Let’s start!! Troubleshooting
Remove Safari History, Caches and Cookies
A bad cache can disturb you so we always advise you to delete cache and cookies from your Safari browser at a regular basis.
It is a reason that your Safari browser not able to load a page, so you should be delete these cache. To do this:
- Visit your Safari browser, and you have to click on <Safari> option that is showing in to menu bar.
- Now go to <Clear History> menu
- Further follow on screen instructions and to clear all browsing data along with all cookies.
Testing Internet Connection
This is most basic criteria that if you internet connection is not connected with your internet then might be your Safari won’t open on Mac but sometimes Safari is comfortable to page on other platforms such as smart phone and tablets.
This is a basic reason, Safari fails to load website while not connecting to the internet. So if your Macbook is not getting build connection to internet then your browser can not open your targeted pages.
To fix: Making ensure your internet should be better connectivity, and then your problem will be fixed.
Sometime, your router not proper configures then it is also another reason that Safari not opening on Mac. In this scenario, you are unable to make connection in between your Router and other devices.
To Fix: You have to need reset your router or upgrade your firmware with latest version. Now you can try to connect with internet and browser web comfortable.
Getting Turn-off Extensions
Browser extension is also play vital role in any browser’s ecosystem, because some time few extensions might outdated or not a compatible along with new macOS version. So it can also reason that Safari not responding on your Mac.
Here, it is not possible that which extension is causing Safari not responding, in this stage you have to need to turn off all extensions; to do this:
- Launch Safari browser
- Now click on Safari option into Menu bar, and go to <Preferences>
- Go to <Extensions> menu
- On the right hand, you will see all installed extensions.
- Now you can select extension one by one and press <Uninstall> button that is showing right side to disable them.
Using VPN (Virtual Private Network)
Some websites are blocked due to parental control, so Safari browser is not load of web pages and imges. Some WebPages might be blocked causing by regional curbs.
To fix: Now you can use some trustable VPN that allows to bypass these types of restriction.
Switching to Other Browser
Although Safari browser is in-built for Mac, you can prefer to change to another browser to fix this faulty browser performance like as Chrome, Kingpin, Monzila, duckduck go, and more. DuckDuckgo browser doesn’t store their search history, cookies, and other relevant data. So you can use as per your need.
Getting to Confirm using Right URL
Sometime by mistaken we enter wrong website address into browser’s search bar. If we type wrong URL into search bar then Safari is not able to load page. So making ensure your URL must be correctly.
Getting to Uninstall AdBlocker
Most of users use the system-wide adblocker like as AdLock to discard any type of ads from OS. Sometime these types of program can affect all webpage performance on your device. So you have to need uninstall this program; to do this:
- Go to <Finder Menu> on your Mac
- Then go to <Applications> option and find out faulty app and delete it.
Changing to Google DNS
Causing by not proper setting of DNS, Safari gets to fail loading a page, so you should be correct to Google DNS with making some changes; to do this:
- Navigate Dock > System Preferences, and then go to Network
- Now you have to click on <Advanced> and choose DNS setting
- Further hit on <+> icon and feed 8.8.8
- And then click on <OK> button
Now you can test your pages are loading, then you can open Safari browser again.
Getting to Update macOS
Safari not able to load page issue occur, might be due to your using outdated macOS. But Apple allows to you solve it easily; to do this:
- You have to go System Preferences > Software Update
- And then install the latest version macOS build.
Getting to Switch off and Restart Mac
This most simple solution to fix any minor issues of your computer is get to switch off and again switch on your Mac. Before doing it, making ensure that you’re all work would be saved. When you get showdown your computer then it allows to eliminate all browsing elements which creating interruption to perform task well. Further gets to remove power cord, and then restart your Mac to fix your problem.
Clear Website Specific Data
If anytime your Safari would not load any page from your specific website, and then you have to require clear all store data on these sites. To do this:
- Go to Preferences in Safari > Privacy then open Details section
- Find out specific website that is not able to load, and then choose website and hit on <Remove>.
- Now Press the <Done> option.
Removing Safari Preferences
If, many files are getting to store into your Safari preferences, and your Safari browser can get problem that not working properly. Now you have to need to delete these file as soon as, then your browser will work correctly. How you will clear these data; here all mentioned steps:
- Launch <Finder>, and then press <Command+Shift+G> and open your <Go to the folder> option.
- Now you have to need copy and paste this path and choose GO.
- And then make right click on file labeled on <apple.Safari.plis> and choose <Move to Trash>, now your Safari will get automatically to re make those file further.
- Now restart your Mac, and then open Safari and check that works correctly.
Using Safe Mode
Getting you have to restart your Mac in Safe Mode because Safe Mode helps to detect you browser safari issues and may fix them. How, you can do:
- Shut down your Mac
- Now restart your Mac and at once press and hold Shift key
- And free Shift key when you view login screen.
- Now your Mac has been come in Safe Mode, and you can check your Safari in Safe Mode.
- Further restart your Computer without holding Shift Key and you get exit Safe Mode.
- Now then you can again test your Safari in Mac.
Checking Startup Disk
If given above all solutions are not helpful for you then might be your Mac startup disk are getting some bugs, and then you have to need fix it. To do this:
Getting switch off Mac and then switch on while holding down Command + R keys, and get to free at once then you will view Apple logo. And then you will go <Recovery Mode>.
- Choose <Disk Utility> option and hit on <Continue>
- Choose <Macintosh HD> that showing at top left corner and then choose then icon <First Aid>
- Hit on <Run> and scan for disk related bugs, and then Disk Utility will attempt to fix any that it comes across.
- Press <Done> button.
- Again Choose <Macintosh HD> from left side of same window and get to repeat step 3-5.
- Now you have to open <Apple menu> and select <Restart>
After getting to reboot your Mac, open Safari and you can check that is working properly.