In this article, we will guide you about how to change lock screen picture on mac and customize as well. In the end, you will say that it is easier task and i can do it myself!!
With the using of this feature, you can customize your lock screen along with your favorite photo and message otherwise turn off together.
How to Change Lock Screen Picture on Mac
In this section, you will learn about how you can change your change lock screen on Mac and Macbook step by step; below mentioned all steps:
Before getting to start, you must be need to download your favorite picture that you wish to use for customized lock screen and make adjustment its size for better match along with your Mac resolution.
Once you have saved this image that you wish to use then follow these steps:
- Firstly you have to click on <Apple> icon that is appearing at the top left corner of your screen, and then choose the <About This Mac>
- Next new window will be opened and hit on <Displays> tab for getting identify screen’s resolution.
- Further you have to launch your saved picture in “Preview” and then go to Tools > Adjust Size.
- Here you can adjustment the pixel that will be matching with your screen’s resolution and hit on <OK> button.
- Once updated this image, you have to save picture as PNG format named as <apple.desktop.admin>
- Now choose <Go> option at the upper toolbar and then go to <Go to Folder>
- Next new pop up window will be displaying and then type </Library/Caches> into pop up and hit on <Go>.
- Further you have to drag your picture on to folder labelled as <apple.desktop.admin.png> and press the <Replace> button.
- Now your lock screen image has been changed, when next time you will log in your Mac system after getting to restart or shutdown. Then you can see your new lock screen picture.
- Note: When in further, you have to try change your desktop background image then it will replace your lock screen picture along with blurred version of desktop.
Getting to Turn off Lock Screen on Mac
If you don’t want to use your lock screen image on Mac in longer time then you have to option for getting to turn off it. How’s here?
- Go to <Apple> icon and then click on <System Preferences> option.
- Next new window will be appear and select the <Security & Privacy> icon.
- Now tick checkbox next to <Require password>
- If you will get pup up window that it confirm ensure you want to turn off screen lock then click on <Turn off Screen Lock> option.
- Now here it is completely disabled your Lock Screen on your Mac and Macbook.
Changing Lock Screen Message on Mac
While changing your lock screen image, you can also change or add any eye catching message. How’s here?
- Again go to <Apple> icon and click on it then choose the <System Preferences> option
- Next hit on <Security & Privacy> icon
- Further hit on <lock> icon that is appearing bottom left corner on same window and introduces your password for getting to make change.
- Now tick the check box next to <Show a message when the screen is locked> and then choose the <Set Lock Message>
- Next here write your inspirational message and then click on <OK> button
- Now when you see lock screen then this message will greet to you.