From this article, we will guide you about how to minimize and maximize a window screen on Mac. In the end, you will say that is incredible easier task!!
For those guys who are unfamiliar with Mac system, might be they are not sure how do you minimizing the screen or getting out of full-screen mode, so it is small challenges for them.
After reading this content, you will be familiar with Mac and you can quickly and easily to minimize and maximize your window screen on Mac, and you can also more efficiently use your Mac’s screen space.
When you will be become more familiar along with Mac system then it can make easier and quick.
How to Minimize Window Screen on Mac?
In this section, we will give you all possible stuffs that help to minimize & maximize windows screen on your Mac with using simplest tricks; below mentioned all:
- Minimize Windows & Apps on Mac Using ‘Keyboard Shortcuts’
- Minimize All Apps on Mac Through ‘Mission Control’
- Minimize All Windows on Your Mac Via ‘Hot Corners’
- Minimize All Apps on Mac Through ‘Show Desktop Shortcut’
- How to Maximize the Windows Screen on Mac?
- FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions)
- What is the difference between minimizing and hiding windows on Mac?
- How to customize the keyboard shortcuts for minimizing windows on Mac?
- How to minimize all windows on Mac using keyboard shortcuts?
- How to open minimized windows on Mac?
Let’s Get Started!!
Minimize Windows & Apps on Mac Using ‘Keyboard Shortcuts’
- Firstly you have to press the <yellow icon> that is showing at the top left corner of window, then your screen will be invisible and a small icon of it will display n your dock.
- If you don’t use mouse then can be apply keyboard shortcut command <Command + M> to minimize your Mac’s screen.
If you are seeing a window in full screen mode, and then you can quickly minimize this window one of following methods; below mentioned both:
- Simultaneously press <Control + Command + F>
- You have to need move your mouse’s cursor at the top left corner, and then upper toolbar will be displaying, click on <green button>.
Minimize all Windows at Once
Mostly, every keyboard having “Window key“, and then you can press simultaneously
<Windows key + M key> for getting to minimize all opening windows on your Mac system
While using this keyboard shortcut, you can encounter desktop clutter without making click many on minimize buttons in open windows
Minimize and Hide all Windows on Mac
Press Simultaneously <Command + Option + H + M>, and use other shortcut <Minimize and Hide All> for both hides and minimizes all windows open on your Mac.
Minimize All Apps on Mac Through ‘Mission Control’
This is another best way for getting to minimize all apps on your Mac with the Mission Control gesture; you can follow few on screen instructions:
- Activate Mission Control: Swipe up on the track pad with three or four fingers to enter Mission Control.
- Create New Desktop: Click on the <+> button in the Mission Control interface to create a new desktop with no windows.
- Minimize All Windows: Press the <M> key on your keyboard to minimize all open windows and display them on the new desktop.
Minimize All Windows on Your Mac Via ‘Hot Corners’
To minimize all windows on a Mac using Hot Corners, you can follow these steps:
- Navigate the Apple menu > System Preferences > Mission Control
- Next, you have to hit on the <Hot Corners> button at the bottom-left corner.
- Now, getting to assign “Desktop” and “Mission Control” to any of the corners
- Finally, click <OK>
By doing this, you are able to move the mouse to the corner you set for Desktop to disappear all windows on your Mac. This offers a quick way to minimize all open windows and getting to focus on the desktop.
Minimize All Apps on Mac Through ‘Show Desktop Shortcut’
To minimize all apps on a Mac via the Show Desktop shortcut, you can use the following keyboard shortcut <Fn + F11>. This will get minimize all windows and show the desktop.
How to Maximize the Windows Screen on Mac?
Mac OS X allows three tiny buttons at the upper of every window, and with using these buttons you can control all way that current program or window display to user.
There are two simply methods, and with using one of them you can maximize your window screen; below mentioned both:
Maximize with Manually
- Open your application that you wish to maximize across the entire screen
- Press at the top left corner of window and then drag window at the upper left corner of your screen.
- Click at the below right corner of window, and then drag and hold window until it stretches to the bottom right corner of your screen.
Maximize with Directly
- Press on the <View> menu of window that you wish to maximize
- Choose <Full Screen> option otherwise get to hold down <Shift-6-Command-F> key simultaneously to maximize your window screen
- Choose <Full Screen> option again otherwise get to hold down <Shift-6-Command-F> key simultaneously to move back your screen to normal size.
FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions)
What is the difference between minimizing and hiding windows on Mac?
Minimizing a window puts it in the Dock, while hiding a window removes it from view but keeps it open.
How to customize the keyboard shortcuts for minimizing windows on Mac?
You can go to System Preferences > Keyboard > Shortcuts and change the key combinations as needed.
How to minimize all windows on Mac using keyboard shortcuts?
Getting to minimize all open windows & access desktop: <Command + Option and click> anywhere on the desktop
- Getting to minimize all apps on Mac and get desktop: <Command + Option + H + M>
- Getting to minimize all windows on the current application: <Command + Option + M>
- Getting to minimize all windows excluding for the active ones at the top: <Command + Option + H>
How to open minimized windows on Mac?
- Hit the app icon on the Dock to open its windows
- Next, you have to use the app switcher to switch between apps
- Hold down Command + Tab, release Tab, use the left and right arrow to select the app, then release Command after choosing the desired app.
Now we hope you have been completely educated about how to minimize & maximize windows screen on your Mac, if this article helpful for you; then please share it along with your friends, family members or relatives over social media platforms like as Facebook, Instagram, Linked In, Twitter, and more.
Have a Nice Day!!