If you have a lot of photo albums in your iPhone or iPad, you wish to remove unnecessary albums. While deleting iPhone albums, you can get free up some additional storage space and decrease clutter. So here, we will guide you about how to delete albums on iPhone and iPad by using incredible simple tricks.
Why Should I Delete Albums on My iPhone?
iPhone keeps store all pictures in different albums, some of you are used to running third-party app like as SnapChat, WhatsApp, Twitter, Instagram, FB, etc.
These third-party apps create their albums, and then they can eat up a lot of storage space because images are relatively large files.
So you can delete unnecessary albums to clear up clutter in Photos and save yourself a little additional storage space.
How to Delete Photo Albums on iPhone
In this section, you will learn about how do you delete an album on iPhone 6, 7, 8, and later versions. Below mentioned all:
- How to Delete Photo Albums on iPhone X, 11, or 12
- How to Remove Photo Albums on an iPhone 6, 7, or 8
- Recover Deleted Album on iPhone & iPad
FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions)
- Why Can’t I Delete all Albums from iPhone & iPad?
- How Do I Delete Multiple Photo Albums at Once on iPhone
- How Do I Delete iPhone Albums Synced From iTunes
How to Delete Photo Albums on iPhone X, 11, or 12
You can make a photo album in Photo app on your iPhone and iPad device. So Photo app lets you to make pretty easy add, organize and remove albums as well. User can also erase entire albums at the same time from album editing screen. But you have not right to delete Apple’s stock albums like as Favorites and People.
With following few simplest steps, you can delete Photo Albums on iPhone x, 11, or 12; below shown all:
- Firstly you have to need launch Photo app on your iPhone or iPad
- Press on <Albums> tab that showing bottom of your device’s screen.
- On next screen, you will see your all albums, and then tap on <See All> tab that showing at top right corner.
- Further you have to tap on <Edit> located top right corner
- On resulting screen, tap on red circled dash on album you wish to remove, and then this will select it.
- This will open confirm pop-up on your screen, press on <Delete Album> to delete album.
- Once finished process, tap on <Done> button located top right corner.
Important!! When you delete album then it doesn’t erase the pictures from your iPhone or iPad.
If, you want to delete photo on your iPhone and iPad, then go to Photos App > select picture > tap on ‘trash icon’
How to Remove Photo Albums on an iPhone 6, 7, or 8
If you have old version of iPhone 6, 7, or 8 then you want to delete all albums. Don’t worry!! You can follow same steps, which are shown above.
- Open <Photo> app
- Tap on <Albums>
- Next press on <See All> option
- Further tap on <Edit>
- Tap on red circled dash on album you wish to remove, and then this will select it.
- Tap on <Delete Album> on confirm pop-up window.
Recover Deleted Album on iPhone & iPad
If you accidentally deleted albums, don’t worry!! You can recover them from “Recently Deleted Album“. Because you’re all deleted images and videos are stored into iCloud over last 30 days. Sorry, iPhone doesn’t allow any way to restore entire albums at once, so here you have to need to recover all images one by one. Here’s how:
- Go to Photos > Albums > Recently Deleted
- Press on images, you wish to recover back.
- Press on <Recover> tab
- Finally you have to need confirm Recover Photo by your choice.
Frequently Asked Questions
Here, we will cover FAQ which are mostly asked by people; you can check them
Why Can’t I Delete all Albums from iPhone & iPad?
There are few albums on your iPhone that you can’t delete. When you try to follow steps above, then red dash circled not visible at many albums like as:
- Media Types albums (Videos, Live Photos, Portrait, Long Exposure, Panorama)
- People, Places, and Favourites Albums
- Default albums (Screenshots and Selfies)
- Albums synced from computer via iTunes: you can’t delete these albums from your iPhone or iPad directly, but delete them on iTune.
iPhone only allow you to delete albums, which are created by yourself.
How Do I Delete Multiple Photo Albums at Once on iPhone
If you haven’ sufficient time to delete individual photo albums one by one, then you want to remove them at once from your device. Sorry, iPhone doesn’t let user to delete multiple albums at once, you can do it only one by one.
How Do I Delete iPhone Albums Synced From iTunes
With following few simplest steps, you can do it:
- Connect your iPhone or iPad to PC through reliable USB cable.
- Open iTune on your PC
- Click on linked devices from left side bar of iTune, then select <Photos> tab
- Tick mark on <Sync Photos> and <Selected Albums> located at the right side.
- Check your albums, you wish to remove, and then uncheck other boxes
- Click on <Apply> button
- Once finished it, click on <Done>.
I hope that this article is mostly helpful for you, if yes then please share it along with their friends, families, and relative.
Have a Nice Day!!