In this article, we will explain the working of inkjet printer with their component (Inner parts), and how you get the created printout as image and text.
How Does a Inkjet Printer Work?
Inkjet printer fire the ink in the form of dots on the paper, when few inkjet printer gets heat the ink then it allows the explode before going to arrive the paper, and other rely on electric current helps to print the text. Inkjet printer has ability to spray up to 5,000 dpi (dot per inch), but whereas dot matrix printer can spray only 64 dot per character.
Working Principle of Inkjet Printer
There are two technologies are used by printer manufactures while construction of inkjet printer; below explain each one –
- Thermal Bubble
Thermal Bubble: This technique is mostly used by Canon and HP companies. In this technology, heat is generated by tiny resistors, and then this heat allows to vaporize ink for creating a bubble. While expending bubble, few inks is come out of the nozzle and put on the page, and vacuum is generated when bubble gets to collapse. Then pushes more ink on the print head from the cartridge. This print head contains the 300 – 600 tiny nozzles, and all nozzles allow to fire droplet as simultaneously.
Piezoelectric: This technique is used by the Epson, and this technology uses the piezo crystals. The crystal is placed at the rear side of the ink reservoir of every nozzle. Crystal grabs the tiny electric charge then it gets to vibrate. While vibrating of crystal inward, it allows to push the tiny amount of ink come out of nozzle. When it getting to vibrate outward then it pulls more ink into reservoir to replace the ink sprayed out.
Components of Inkjet Printer with their Functions
There are some inner parts of inkjet printer which allow to generate the smoothly printout; below explain each one –
Print head: This is main part of the inkjet printer, because this print head has a series of nozzles that allows to spray the drop of ink on the paper for getting to printout.
Ink Cartridges: Ink cartridges is used on the depend on the manufacture and model of the inkjet printer. Ink cartridge is available in several combinations like as separate black and color cartridges, and color and black come in one cartridge.
Stepper Motor: The stepper motor allows to move print head back and forth across the page.
Plastic Gears: Plastic gears are operated by electric stepper motor while getting to turn rollers that page advance through the printer.
Belt: The inkjet printer belt allows to make attachment print head to stepper motor.
Stabilizer Bar: Stabilizer bar help to print head for getting to ensure that activities are accurate and controllable.
Spiked Wheels: Spiked wheels are embedded at the front of the printer that allows to grip page protect and turns it accurately.
Plastic and Rubber Rollers: These rollers help to get pinch the paper tightly.
Inkjet Printing Process
When you press OK button to print, then several sequence of events are fire steps by steps; below explain each one –
- You use the software that helps to insert data to printer which to be printed.
- Driver program helps to get transformation data into useful format that inkjet printer can easily understand and monitor that printer is ready mode for producing printout.
- Connection interface allow to transfer data by driver from computer system to printer.
- The inkjet printer obtains the data from computer system, and it holds some portion of data into buffer. Buffer has range of capacity is 512 KB RAM to 16 MB RAM, but it is based on the model. A enlarge buffer is capable to store complex document as well as many basic documents.
- If, printer gets to idle position for certain duration of time, then it will go ahead a clean cycle phase to make ensure that the print head is neat and clean. After completing of cleaning cycle, the inkjet printer gets ready to start to printing process.
- Control circuitry allows to activate the paper feed stepper motor, and it helps to feed a sheet of the page from the paper tray into the printer. If, trigger is depressed then paper is presented properly into feeder, otherwise trigger is not depressed, it means, paper is not properly inserted, and fires the alert to computer system.
- Once paper is insert into printer and take to position for beginning of the paper, and stepper motor allows to belt to turn the print head across the paper. Printer head sprays the dots of ink on the paper and then spin a tiny bit before getting to stop again.
- Several dots are constructed at every stop, and it allows to spray the CMYK color in precise amounts.
- At the end of every completed phase, stepper motor allows to get fraction of an inch of paper feed.
- This process is getting to regular until printer generates the printout. The printing time of paper can be varied printers model to model. It is depended on the complexity and size of the images on the paper.
- After completing the printing, the print head gets to park. Stepper motor gets to turn the rollers to complete pushing page into the output tray.