Do you know about how to change Snapchat notification sound on Android and iPhone device? If really you don’t aware about this, don’t worry! Because here we are going to reveal all things related about to change notification sounds for Snapchatapp by using pretty simple steps. And at the end, you will say that it is easiest task and i can do it myself!
Today, Snapchat is getting most popular social media platform that lets you to send and receive snaps and videos, but Snapchat has unique camera feature, it lets users to take photo along with lenses, effects, filters and caricature-like Bitmoji avatars.
At the initially stage, it was developed as one to one messaging app, but it is getting grow to be video creation and sharing platform. And now these days, Snapchat app lets you to share chronological stories along with their followers. Due to increasing popularity, this app introduces amazing new features for their user, and changing Snapchat notification sound or ringtone is one of them.
So through this post, we will cover all cool stuffs, which let you to get or change notification sound on Snapchat app for Android and iPhone device. So read it to be carefully!
How to Change Snapchat Notification Sound
In this section, we are going to cover all cool things about how to change notification sound for Snapchat on your Android or iPhone device. If you getting to feel bore with your previous ringtone then you can also add your custom ringtone as well. Below mentioned all headlines; you can navigate them as your convince:
- How to Change Snapchat Notification Sound on Android
- By Changing System Notifications Sound
- By Changing Snapchat Notifications Sound
- How to Change Snapchat Notification Sound on iPhone/iOS device?
- How to Turn Off Snapchat Notification Sound on iPhone & Android?
- Stop Snapchat Notification Sounds on Android
- Slient All Notification Sounds on Android
- Mute Snapchat Notification Sounds on iPhone
- How to Get Original Snapchat Notification Sound or Ringtone?
- Why is Snapchat Notification Sound not Working?
- Why is Snapchat Ringtone Not Working?
- FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions)
- Can you set different notification sounds for specific contact or person?
- How do I change my custom notification sounds on Snapchat?
- Why can’t I hear my Snapchat notifications sounds?
- Can you change Snapchat notification sounds iPhone?
- How to change Snapchat ringtone on Andriod and iPhone?
- Can you change the vibration for Snapchat on iPhone?
How to Change Snapchat Notification Sound on Android
Here we will reveal two easiest methods that let you to change your notification on Snapchat app for Android phone.
By Changing System Notifications Sound:
With going to your device’s settings section, you can easily to reset your Snapchat notification sound on your Android phone; here’s how?
- Firstly you have to go your phone ‘Home Page’ and open the <Settings App> on your device.
- On ‘Settings Page’; you will see list of options and tap on <Sound> option.
- On next page, you have to click on <Advance> option
- Further, choose the <Default notification sound> option.
- This will display all default notification sound, and you can choose anyone from them.
- Once selected sound, tap on <OK> option
Note: When completed this process, this will change default notification sound on your Android phone. Then all incoming notifications like as messages notification, any update notification, including Snapchat notification and other using app notification as well, on your device will sound like one you just selected.
By Changing Snapchat Notifications Sound:
If you want to change only Snapchat notification without getting to disturb other app’s sound notification, then this method is more suitable for you.
Important! Before going to ahead, you should be known that this trick not applicable for all Android versions. If, your device is getting to execute Android 10 or later version, then this method will work for you. Otherwise you can prefer above showing procedure.
Now let’s going to start!
- Firstly open your <Settings App> on your Android phone.
- Head over ‘Settings Page’; you will see list of options, then choose the <Apps & notifications> option that lets you help to manage app level settings.
- On next page, click on <SEE ALL APPS> option locating bottom-right corner of screen.
- Further, you will see list of all apps, which are installed on your phone. Find out the <Snapchat App> and tap on it.
- Then, you will come at ‘App Info’ page and click on <Notifications> option.
- Notification Settings page will show up and click on <Snaps and chats> option.
- Next, select the <Advance> option
- On resulting screen, choose the <Sound> option
- On ‘Sound Page’; you can choose any ringtone, otherwise you can also select your custom ringtone.
- Once finished this procedure, all notifications that come from Snapchat will have the new alert/ringtone that you have changed.
How to Change Snapchat Notification Sound on iPhone/iOS device?
If you prefer to use iPhone or iOS device then you should be known that Snapchat doesn’t let you to change sound notification on your iOS device.
iPhone having pre-installed sounds for Snapchat messages alert but not using for notifications.
Till now, it is getting ambiguity that why this feature has not introduced for iOS users.
iPhone/iOS users can use just default notification sound for Snapchat, that is dissimilar from your phone notification sound. Just sound, Snapchat has adjusted for iOS users.
Although Snapchat doesn’t grant permission iPhone users to set notification sounds, but you are able still change Snapchat audio calls. Here’s how?
- Launch <Settings App> on your iOS device.
- On ‘Settings Page’; tap on <Sounds & haptics> option
- Perform scroll down to ‘Sound and Vibration’ and select the ringtone that you want to. There are lots of ringtones; you can select anyone from them.
Note: Above showing method just works for changing the ringtone for all sounds not for just Snapchat app.
How to Turn Off Snapchat Notification Sound on iPhone & Android?
Whenever, you just wish to get rid of annoying notification sound, then you can easily disable only Snapchat notification sounds, otherwise disable all notification sounds for all app at a time.
Stop Snapchat Notification Sounds on Android:
- Launch <Settings App> on your Android device.
- On ‘Settings Page’; tap on <Apps and notifications> option.
- On next page, click on <Show all apps> option, then you will see a list of all apps, which are installed on your phone.
- Further, find out the <Snapchat> into given list and hit on it.
- Next, you have to choose the ‘App info’ and click on <Notifications> option.
- This will appear a list of options and select the <Snaps and chats> option.
- Select the option underneath <Notifications> category.
- Now, click on option and then choose the <None>
- Once completed this process, all notification sounds will be mute, which are incoming from Snapchat app.
Slient All Notification Sounds:
If you want to get disable all notification sounds, which are incoming your Android device including Snapchat app. Then follow few steps one by one:
- Open <Settings App> on your Android device.
- On ‘Settings Page’; tap on <Sound & Vibration> option.
- Next, you have to click on <Silent/DND> option
- At the end, choose the <Slient> option to get silent all notification sounds.
Mute Snapchat Notification Sounds on iPhone:
- Launch <Settings > app on your iOS device
- On ‘Settings Page’; select the <Notifications> option.
- Next page, perform scroll down and find out the <Snapchat> and click on it.
- Further, turn off toggle button next to <Sound>
This will stop all notifications sounds from Snapchat.
How to Get Original Snapchat Notification Sound or Ringtone?
With following some easiest steps, you can get original Snapchat notification sounds; below shown all steps:
- Launch Settings app on your device
- Next, tap on <Apps & Notifications> option
- Then choose the <Advance> option
- Further, you have to tap on <Sound> option
- Now finally, click on <Default notification sound> option
- This will set the original notification sounds on your Snapchat app.
Why is Snapchat Notification Sound not Working?
If you are getting to face this problem as ‘Snapchat notification sounds not working’ on your iOS or Android device, then you can read this article, you problem will be resolved as soon as.
Why is Snapchat Ringtone Not Working?
Causes of many reasons, you may be facing this problem ‘Snapchat ringtone not working’ on your device, such as:
- Making ensure that Snapchat notification must be enabled on your phone.
- Ensure you phone is not going to set as ‘Silent/DND’
- You must be selected Snapchat ringtone to sound or tune and not to set as ‘None’; check it.
- Restart your device or Snapchat app.
- If this issue is going on then you should be try to delete Snapchat app and install once again.
FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions)
Can you set different notification sounds for specific contact or person?
Go to a conversation along with contact, you would like to edit. Click on <…> three dots at top-right hand, then hit on ‘People & options‘ option > click on ‘Chat message sound‘ and choose the sound that you like.
How do I change my custom notification sounds on Snapchat?
Navigate Settings > Sound > Advanced > Default notification sound > Add notification. Then choose the file from your local storage and choose it to add the custom notification sound to list of notification sounds. This trick is applicable only to Android device
Why can’t I hear my Snapchat notifications sounds?
Making ensure that notification sound must be enabled otherwise you are unable to hear it.
How to check it (Android)? Navigate Settings > Apps & Notifications > choose ‘Snapchat‘ > turn on toggle button next to ‘Show notifications’ option.
Can you change Snapchat notification sounds iPhone?
Snapchat doesn’t allow users to change Snapchat notification sounds, because iPhone have a lot of pre-installed sounds for Snapchat messages alert but not using for notification. But you can also still change Snapchat audio calls.
How to change Snapchat ringtone on Andriod and iPhone?
Ringtone is also known as ‘Sound Notification’. Through this post, we have covered all things related to change Snapchat ringtone; you can check them.
Can you change the vibration for Snapchat on iPhone?
Of Course! You can do it, you have to navigate Settings > Sounds > Vibration > Snapchat, and here a lot of different vibration patterns; you can choose one of them.
The Bottom Lines
Snapchat is amazing social media platform that lets you plenty of features within the app. Personalise app to your liking including Snapchat notification sounds or ringtones.
Now, we hope that through this article you have completely educated about how to change Snapchat notification sound on Android and iPhone with ease. If this article is helpful for you, then please share it along with your friends, family members or relatives over social media platforms like as Facebook, Instagram, Linked In, Twitter, and more.
If you have any experience, tips, tricks, or query regarding this issue? You can drop a comment!
Have a Nice Day!!