If Snapchat notifications not working on your iOS or Android phone? And you are searching a best solution to fix it? If answer yes, then you have to come at right place. Here we will explain all possible stuff about how to fix ‘Snapchat notifications sound not working’ issue on your device.
Mostly, all applications have notification features that let you to keep update about all activities on these apps. This feature is most useful for social media platforms and messaging apps. If notification feature is not working properly then you can miss out many important updates, and it can be make big serious problem for you. So it should be always enabled on your phone.
Also Read: How to Delete Snapchat Account Permanently or Temporarily? Full Guide!!
Why are Snapchat Notifications not Showing on iPhone and Android?
There are various causes that you not able to receive Snapchat notification alert on your devices such as improper settings configurations, problematic servers, corrupted application files, unstable network connections, and more.
Don’t worry! Here we will show you all fixes that helping out to solve ‘Snapchat notification not working‘ error on both phone (Android & iPhone).
Snapchat Notifications Not Working – Fix it
In this section, we will explain all possible fixes methods, which helping out you to solve ‘Snapchat notifications sound not working’ error on your iPhone and Android device; below shown all headlines:
- Sign out & Sign in Snapchat Account
- Restart Your Device
- Check Snapchat Notification Settings
- Check Your Device Settings
- Allow Snapchat to Send Notifications
- Move Previous Version of Snapchat
- Check Your Focus Settings
- Clear App Cache
- Uninstall and Reinstall Snapchat App
- Check Your Network Permissions
- Check Latest Update for Snapchat
- Clear Your Snapchat App Data
- Check Your Internet Connectivity
- Enable Background Data Usage
- Touch Snapchat Support Team
Sign Out & Sign In Snapchat Account
With using this simple this trick, your problem may be resolved. While signing out of your Snapchat account and move back sign in it after few some times, minor software bugs will go to fix automatically. Here’s how:
Also Read: How to Remove Someone from Snapchat without Them Knowing? Easily!!
- Open Snapchat app on your device.
- Click on <Your Profile> at upper-left corner of screen
- Next, tap on ‘Gear Shaped Icon’ at upper-right hand.
- On ‘Settings‘ page; perform scroll down to bottom and find out the <Log Out> option and tap on it.
- Once logged out it, reboot your device and then again log in Snapchat app with introducing their credentials.
Restart Your Device
Before going to further, you should be known that this temporary issues as cause of Snapchat notifications not working, so you must be close all services, process and other applications by getting to restart your phone.
Also Read: How to Know if Someone Deleted You on Snapchat? 6 Simplest Ways!!
Due to minor software malfunction, you may not be receiving all Snapchat notifications. So you should be following few basic steps; below shown all:
- Keep press and hold the ‘VOLUME‘ button and ‘SIDE’ button
- This will display ‘Power off slider’ and slide it.
- Next, you have to wait about 30 seconds for your device to get turn off.
- Now finally, again keep press and hold the ‘SIDE’ button to turn on your device.
Once completed this process, you can check that your problem will be resolved. But if it still there, then go to next method.
Check Snapchat Notification Settings
Here, you should be checking your Snapchat notification settings. It has higher probability that turned off Snapchat notifications. How to enable it, if it is disabled on your Snapchat account; follow few basic steps:
Also Read: How to See Who Viewed Your Location on Snapchat? Complete Guide!!
- You have to open Snapchat app on your device and then tap on <Profile icon> at upper-left corner.
- Click on <Gear icon> ‘Settings‘ option at top-right corner.
- Head on ‘Settings‘ page; click on <Apps & Notifications> option.
- Next, find out the <Snapchat> and tap on it.
- Now, turn on toggle button of Snapchat notification, if it is turned off.
Check Your Device Settings
Next step, you have to check the system settings that make ensure system settings for Snapchat notifications are properly set. Then you can get try to disable battery optimization for your Snapchat account. Here’s how:
Also Read: How to Know if Someone Blocked You on Snapchat? 10 Simplest Tricks!!
- Launch your system <Settings>
- Choose the <App> option
- Next, you have to expand ‘All Apps’
- This will appear all installed app then open ‘Snapchat app’.
- Further, go to ‘Battery Optimization’ and then turned off for your Snapchat. Then you try to enable ‘Autostart‘ option.
- Click on <Notifications>
- Now, you have to make ensure that all notifications are enabled.
Allow Snapchat to Send Notifications
If you enabled Snapchat notification features. But still your problem didn’t resolve. Then might be Snapchat is not let you appear notifications on your device, so you have to check and make a permission to send notification. Here’s how:
Also Read: How to Hide Someone on Snapchat without Blocking Them? Detail Guide!!
- Open <Settings app> on your iOS or Android device.
- On next screen, click on <Apps/Apps & Notifications> option (This is depending on your iPhone or android device).
- Further, choose the <Snapchat> from elevated app list.
- On next page, click on <Notifications> that is underneath ‘App Info’ section
- Head over ‘Notifications‘ page; turn on toggle button that showing next to <Show notifications> option. Then it lets you show all notification on your phone.
Move Previous Version of Snapchat
In case, if after installing latest version of Snapchat; you are facing issue like ‘Snapchat notifications not working‘. Then you have to switch previous version of Snapchat on your phone.
Also Read: How to Delete Snapchat Story on iPhone & Android? [Complete Guide]
Keep mind, this trick works only on Android phone no other. Find out Snapchat APK on Google and then download and install Snapchat’s older version in your Android device and you can see it has solved this issue.
Check Your Focus Settings
Whenever, accidentally Focus mode is enabled then it prevents Snapchat from sending alerts, so how to turn off it:
- Launch <Settings> app on your iPhone then tap on <Focus> option from showing list of options.
- Next, click on <Do Not Disturb> option.
- Head over ‘Do Not Disturb’ page; you have to turn off toggle button next to <Do Not Disturb> option.
Alternatively, if you don’t want to enable Focus Mode, then you can also add <Snapchat app> as an exception to obtain the notification from app, when ‘Do Not Disturb mode’ is turned on.
Clear Snapchat App Cache
This is effective trick to solve problematic application is to erase their app cache. These caches are temporary data kept stored on your device locally, which helps app to get perform faster. To do this:
Also Read: How to Unblock Someone on Snapchat? With Related FAQ!!
- Launch Snapchat app on your phone.
- Click on <Your Profile> icon at upper-left corner of screen.
- Next, press the <Settings> button as showing ‘Gear Icon’ at top-right corner.
- Next, perform scroll down and click on <Clear Cache> option.
- Now, final you have to click on <Clear All> (iOS) and <Continue> (Android) to remove Snapchat’s cache.
- After wiping the app cache, your problem will be solved and you can receive all notification on your device.
Uninstall and Reinstall Snapchat App
If still Snapchat is not performing as good on your phone, then it may be its installation files got crashed over an update or while in use. So in this case, to do this:
- Go to your ‘Home Screen’; and then click and keep hold Snapchat app until this option shows up on your screen.
- Next, click on <Remove App> option then follow on-screen prompts to get uninstall Snapchat app on your device.
- Once performed it, open <App Store> and reinstall this app once again.
- Go to your ‘Home Screen’, then click and keep hold Snapchat until selection screen pop-up will appear.
- Next, click on <Uninstall> option to delete app from your phone.
- Once done it, launch your <Play Store> and reinstall Snapchat app once again.
- Once reinstalled it completely, ask one of your friends to push you a message to check, if you will get a notification.
Check Your Network Permissions
If your Snapchat app doesn’t have proper adjust permission to get access your network, then its data will unable to refresh, and Snapchat notifications not working as well.
Also Read: How to Change Your Snapchat Password or Reset it, if You Forgot- Do it!!
- Launch Snapchat app on your device.
- Next, click on <Your Profile> at upper-left corner of your device’s screen
- Further, Press on <Gear Icon> ‘Settings‘ that showing at top-right corner.
- Perform scroll down to bottom and find out <Additional Services> section.
- Then click on <Manage> option.
- Now, you have to click on and then get allow <Snapchat> to use your network.
- Open <Snapchat App> on your device.
- Next, press your <Bitmojis Icon> at top-left corner.
- Further, click on <Settings> ‘Gear Icon’ at upper-right side.
- Head over ‘Settings‘ page; perform scroll down to <Privacy> section and then click on <Permission> option.
- Now finally, make ensure that Snapchat is granted to access your network.
Check Latest Update for Snapchat
You should be always run latest version on your Snapchat app, because it helps to prevent to enter into any software bugs. It may be that Snapchat notifications not working on your device. Snapchat releases latest update regularly that helps to resolve these technical problems.
Also Read: How to Change Snapchat Username on iPhone & Android? Full Guide!!
How you can check update?
- Firstly, you have to go Play Store (Android) or App Store (IOS).
- Then visit at Snapchat app page.
- If there you will see any pending update, then <Update> tab will be appeared.
- Next, you have to click on <Upade> tab to grab latest version of Snapchat app.
- Make ensure that Snapchat app is working with latest update, and then you are able to get Snapchat notifications after that. So we suggest you about to enable auto-update for this app.
Clear Your Snapchat App Data
In this method, you have to need deleting other extra app data instead of cache data. Once deleted this data, your Snapchat app can getting start to collect fresh new data from their server. So, don’t take headache while deleting this data because due this process your all precious data will be safe and you can get back up from Snapchat server. Here’s how:
Also Read: How to Change Snapchat Emojis on iPhone & Android? Snapchat Streaks!!
- Open <Settings> app on your phone.
- On next page, click on <Apps & notifications> option
- Then choose <Snapchat> from elevated search result.
- Head over the <App info> page; tap on <Storage & Cache> option.
- Next page, select the <Clear Storage> tab, you will get <Delete app data?> alert and tap on <OK> to confirm your choice.
- Launch your Snapchat app on your device.
- Tap on <Your Profile> icon and then click on <Settings> ‘Gear Icon’ at top-right corner.
- On ‘Settings‘ page; underneath the <Account Actions> section, erase the Conversations, Search History, Sticker Searches, Top Locations, Lens Data, and My Cameo Selfie by clicking the corresponding button.
Check Your Internet Connectivity
Due to internet coverage, you can face problem as ‘Snapchat notifications not working’. Snapchat app requires the stable internet connection to collect the fresh data from Snapchat’s server. So you should be checking your internet speed on your phone.
Also Read: Snapchat Won’t Open | Not Working on iPhone & Android, Fix 12 Ways!!
After testing it, you found that your internet is not reliable, and then you have to need establish a good connection along with your ISP.
Enable Background Data Usage
Following this method, Snapchat app needs a establish internet connection otherwise it will not work. While enabling this setting, Snapchat app will be eligible to connect along with its online servers and automatically refresh to prompt you with your fresh notification. To do this:
Also Read: Snapchat App Keeps Crashing on iPhone & Android: Fix with “13 Ways”?
- Go to <Settings> app and then select the <Apps & Notification> option from given list, then click on <Snapchat>
- Head over ‘Snapchat App’ page; select the <Mobile data & Wi-Fi> option, and next page turn on toggle button next to “Background data” and “Unrestricted data usage” option.
- Navigate ‘Settings App’ > click on ‘General‘ > then select the ‘Background App Refresh’
- Here, you will see all installed app; perform scroll down, and turn toggle switch next to <Snapchat>
Touch Snapchat Support Team
If mentioned above all ways not helped out to fix your problem, then you can get touch with Snapchat’s support team and explore your problem to them. Then they will provide proper solution for your issue instantly.
FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions)
How do I fix Snapchat notifications not working?
We already showed above 15 easy tricks, which help you to fix this error on your device.
Why am I not getting Snapchat notifications on my iPhone?
Due to many reasons, you can face this error like as wrong setting, app conflict or miss out on all those juicy Snaps.
Why are my notifications not showing up on Android?
If Snapchat app notification settings are disabled then you can’t receive any notification from Snapchat app, so it should be always enabled.
I hope that you have been completely educated about how to fix “Snapchat notifications not working” error. If this article is helpful for you, then please share it along with your friends, family members or relatives over social media platforms like as Facebook, Instagram, Linked In, Twitter, and more.
If you have any experience, tips, tricks, or query regarding this issue? You can drop a comment!
Have a Nice Day!!