Are you facing Snapchat camera not working black screen issue? And you are searching that how to fix it, and then don’t worry! You have to come at right place because here we will explain all possible methods, which help you to solve ‘Snapchat front camera not working’, ‘Snapchat back camera not working’ and other Snapchat camera related issues on your iPhone and Android phone.
Why Does Snapchat Camera Not Working
There are many causes that may happen while Snapchat unable to open camera on your device; below shown list, check them:
Also Read: Snapchat Notifications Not Working (iPhone & Android): Fix It, 15 Methods!!
- Get downtime on Snapchat’s server or other technical issues.
- Run a lot of apps for too long, and then they get slow performance.
- Use Snapchat oldest version app.
- Having traditional mobile operating system
- Less internet coverage area
- Older devices
- Settings related to your device’s microphone, camera or sounds are unstable.
Snapchat Camera Not Working – Fix It
In this section, we will tell you 13 effective methods, which help you to solve black camera issue on your Snapchat app on your iOS and Android device; below shown all headlines, you can navigate as your convinces:
- Restart Your Device
- Sign Out & Sign In Snapchat App
- Check Camera Permissions
- For iPhone
- For Android
- Clear Cache Data
- Update Snapchat App
- Update for iPhone
- Update for Android
- Check Snapchat Server
- Clear Lens Data
- Turn off Snapchat Filters
- Update Your Phone
- For Android
- For iOS
- Uninstall and Re-install Snapchat App
- For iPhone
- For Android
- Check Internet Connection
- Factory Reset
- For iOS
- For Android
- Touch Customer Supporth
- FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions)
- How do I fix my iPhone front camera?
- Why is the Snapchat front camera on my iPhone black?
- Why isn’t my back Flash working on Snapchat?
- How do you fix the flash on Snapchat?
Restart Your Device
Before going to further, you should be known that this temporary issues as cause of Snapchat camera not working, so you must be close all services, process and other applications by getting to restart your phone.
Also Read: How to Delete Snapchat Account Permanently or Temporarily? Full Guide!!
Due to minor software malfunction, you may not be receiving all Snapchat notifications. So you should be following few basic steps; below shown all:
- Keep press and hold the ‘VOLUME‘ button and ‘SIDE’ button
- This will display ‘Power off slider’ and slide it.
- Next, you have to wait about 30 seconds for your device to get turn off.
- Now finally, again keep press and hold the ‘SIDE’ button to turn on your device.
- Once completed this process, you can check that your problem will be resolved. But if it still there, then go to next method.
Sign Out & Sign In Snapchat App
With using this simple this trick, your problem may be resolved. While signing out of your Snapchat account and move back sign in it after few some times, minor software bugs will go to fix automatically. Here’s how:
Also Read: How to Remove Someone from Snapchat without Them Knowing? Easily!!
- Open Snapchat app on your device.
- Click on <Your Profile> at upper-left corner of screen
- Next, tap on ‘Gear Shaped Icon’ at upper-right hand.
- On ‘Settings‘ page; perform scroll down to bottom and find out the <Log Out> option and tap on it.
- Once logged out it, reboot your device and then again log in Snapchat app with introducing their credentials.
Check Camera Permissions
If your Snapchat camera is not working, then it may be cause by improper permission set on your Snapchat app. Hence, you should be reviewing your permission settings to solve this problem, to do this:
Also Read: How to Know if Someone Deleted You on Snapchat? 6 Simplest Ways!!
- Launch <Snapchat App> on your device.
- Next, click on your <Bitmojis icon> and then tap on <Settings> ‘Shaped Gear Icon’ at top-right corner.
- Head over ‘Settings‘ page; perform scroll down to bottom and click on <Manage> option that is showing underneath ‘Additional Services’
- On next page, finally you have to click on <Permissions> and then making ensure that Snapchat is allowed to get access your camera.
- Open <Snapchat App> on your device.
- Next, click on your <Profile icon> and then tap on <Settings> ‘Shaped Gear Icon’ at top-right corner.
- Head over ‘Settings‘ page; perform scroll down to bottom click on <Permissions> option under ‘Privacy‘ section.
- Now, making ensure that Snapchat is allowed to use your camera
- Once completely changed your permission settings, and move back to main page then you can use your camera.
Clear Cache Data
This is effective trick to solve problematic application is to erase their app cache. These caches are temporary data kept stored on your device locally, which helps app to get perform faster. To do this:
Also Read: How to See Who Viewed Your Location on Snapchat? Complete Guide!!
- Launch Snapchat app on your phone.
- Click on <Your Profile> icon at upper-left corner of screen.
- Next, press the <Settings> button as showing ‘Gear Icon’ at top-right corner.
- Next, perform scroll down and click on <Clear Cache> option.
- Now, final you have to click on (iOS) and (Android) to remove Snapchat’s cache.
- After wiping the app cache, your problem will be solved and your Snapchat camera will work properly on your device.
Update Snapchat App
Snapchat releases new updates regularly for their user, and there updates bring bugs fixes and improvement. So you should be using fresh version of Snapchat app; here’s how:
Update for iPhone:
- Launch <App Store> on your device.
- Once opened it, click on <Profile Icon> at upper-right corner of screen.
- Perform scroll down then you will see list of all app updates.
- If Snapchat has update then it will be available into list, and click on <Update> button next to ‘Snapchat‘
Update for Android:
- Launch <Play Store> on your Android phone.
- Head over ‘Play Store’; click on <Hamburger Menu> icon at upper-left hand.
- Next, tap on <My apps and games> option.
- On resulting page, you will see list of all app that need to update here. If Snapchat is available into this list then update it and fix your problem.
Check Snapchat Server
Whenever, your Snapchat camera is not working properly, then it can be high probability that Snapchat’s server got down. You can check it by using third-party tools such as ‘Downdetector‘ that is free of cost tool and provide accurate result at front of you.
Also Read: How to Know if Someone Blocked You on Snapchat? 10 Simplest Tricks!!
If you found that Snapchat’s server gets down, then you would be only waiting, until their server are going up and running properly.
Clear Lens Data
If you try to use different lenses in Snapchat camera at every time, then Snapchat gets download a cache of those lens that you can use it every time and again without getting to re-download it. If Snapchat is unable to load these cache lenses, then it lets you show a black screen. How to wipe lens data; check here:
Also Read: How to Hide Someone on Snapchat without Blocking Them? Detail Guide!!
- Launch Snapchat app on your device, and click on <Your Profile> icon at upper-left hand.
- Then, press the <Shaped Gear Icon> to open ‘Settings‘.
- On ‘Settings‘ page; perform scroll down to bottom and click on <Lenses> option.
- Next page, click on <Clear Local Lens Data> option.
- Once completed this process, get restart your Snapchat app then your camera problem will be fixed now.
Turn off Snapchat Filters
While disabling filters on your Snapchat app, you can fix error ‘Snapchat camera not working’. Here’s how:
- Open your Snapchat app on your iOS or Android device.
- Click on your <Profile Icon> at upper-left corner.
- Next, tap on <Shaped Gear Icon> ‘Settings‘ locating at top-right corner.
- Next page, perform scroll down to bottom and click on <Manage> underneath ‘Additional Services‘ section.
- On next page, you have to need uncheck the ‘Filters box’.
Update Your Phone
It is also one way to solve most issues on your iOS or Android devices is keep your smartphone software up to date. While getting to update your phone, fixes all presented bugs into software and allows software play greatly along with your all installed apps, such as Snapchat. Here’s how to update your phone?
Also Read: How to Delete Snapchat Story on iPhone & Android? [Complete Guide]
- Launch <Settings> app on your device.
- Perform scroll down to bottom and click on <System> option.
- On next screen, choose the <System updates> option, and have to wait to check for existing updates.
- If any update is available then click on <Download & Install Now> button.
- Open <Settings> app on your iOS device and click on <General> option.
- Next, click on <Software Update> to allow your phone for checking for updates.
- Further, tap on <Download and Install> if any update is presented.
Uninstall and Reinstall Snapchat App
If still Snapchat is not performing as good on your phone, then it may be its installation files got crashed over an update or while in use. So in this case, to do this:
Also Read: How to Unblock Someone on Snapchat? With Related FAQ!!
- Go to your ‘Home Screen’; and then click and keep hold Snapchat app until this option shows up on your screen.
- Next, click on <Remove App> option then follow on-screen prompts to get uninstall Snapchat app on your device.
- Once performed it, open <App Store> and reinstall this app once again.
- Go to your ‘Home Screen’, then click and keep hold Snapchat until selection screen pop-up will appear.
- Next, click on <Uninstall> option to delete app from your phone.
- Once done it, launch your <Play Store> and reinstall Snapchat app once again.
Once reinstalled it completely, your problem ‘Snapchat unable to open camera’ will be resolved on your devices.
Check Internet Connection
Due to loose internet connection, your Snapchat camera doesn’t work properly. So Snapchat app needs stable internet to perform all functions, whenever not having reliable internet connectivity, then you can face various issues including to your camera.
Also Read: How to Change Your Snapchat Password or Reset it, if You Forgot- Do it!!
Getting to check your phone’s internet access, you have to visit at digitalthinkerhelp and watch if this website opens, that means your internet is working as nicely. But this website not going to open, then you can say that internet issues is getting to occur and you have to need get touch your ISP customer support for fixes.
When you are going to get factory reset your iOS or Android phone, then it should be fixing all minor bugs in your phone and app. Here’s how:
- Launch <Settings> app on your phone.
- Head over ‘Settings‘ page; perform scroll down and click on <General> option.
- Next page, scroll down to bottom and select the <Reset> option.
- On resulting page, click on <Erase All Content and Settings> option.
- Open your <Settings> app on your device.
- Perform scroll down to bottom and click on <System> option.
- Next page, select the <Reset options> from elevated list of options.
- This will open new page and click on <Erase all data (factory reset)>
- Once completed this process, your problem ‘Snapchat camera not working’ will be solved on your device.
Touch Customer Support
If mentioned above all ways not helped out to fix your problem, then you can get touch with Snapchat’s support team and explore your problem to them. Then they will provide proper solution for your issue instantly.
FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions)
How do I fix my iPhone front camera?
In this article, already we have been discussed above 13 effective methods, you can use them one by one until fix your problem.
Why is the Snapchat front camera on my iPhone black?
Due to many causes, like as dirt or debris may be interrupting the lens and blacking out your iPhone’s camera. Above we explored 15 easy way to fix this problem, applicable them step by step.
Why isn’t my back Flash working on Snapchat?
If Front-Facing Flash option is disabled then your back flash not working on your Snapchat. To fix it: Launch Snapchat app > tap on ‘Profile pic’ > click the Settings ‘Shaped geared icon’ > click on ‘Manage‘ option underneath the Additional services section, and then get enable to Front-Facing Flash option.
How do you fix the flash on Snapchat?
You can use 13 tricks, which are showing above in the article. Then your flash problem will be solved.
Through this article, you have educated about 13 effective methods to solve your problem ‘Snapchat camera not working‘ on your iPhone or Android phone. If this content has helping out you in addressing and fixing this problem, then share it along with your friends, family members or relatives over social media platforms like as Facebook, Instagram, Linked In, Twitter, and more.
If you have any experience, tips, tricks, or query regarding this issue? You can drop a comment!
Have a Nice Day!!