In this post, we will guide you about how to delete Snapchat account permanently and temporarily on iPhone and Android device with ease. At end of this article, you will say that it is easier task and i can do it myself without any dilemma.
Snapchat is cool social multimedia platform that lets you to share snaps, stories and video clips along with your friends and follower as well. This app is presented on Android and iOS device, so you can easily to download it from Play Store or App Store.
Why Deactivate or Delete Snapchat Account?
Due to few things, you can take decision to deactivate or deleted your Snapchat account; below mention all:
- You don’t want to make convsersation along with your friends, share snaps, post your stories, or see friend’s stories as well.
- You no longer take old Snapchat username, and then you can change it with deleting this account.
- You have a lot of friends, but wish to begin with fresh account, because you are annoying from them.
- You wish to close using Snapchat due to loss of internet, unpleasant experience, long term digital detox, or change in priorities, and more.
How to Permanently Delete Snapchat Account
Snapchat lets you permission about to permanently delete Snapchat account or temporarily deactivate it. In this section, we will explore all possible stuffs, which help to deactivate or delete your Snapchat account as permanently or temporarily basis; below shown all headline, navigate them as your need:
- Get Back Up Before Permanently Deleting Snapchat Account
- How to Delete Snapchat Account on Android & iPhone
- How to Deactivate Snapchat Account via PC/Laptop
- How to Restore Your Snapchat Account
- How to Delete Snapchat Account Permanently on Android & iPhone
- Reactivate Your Snapchat Account
- FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions)
- How do you permanently delete a Snapchat account in 2022?
- How Can I delete Snapchat account from my mobile?
- How do I permanently delete Snapchat from my child phone?
Let’s Get Started!!
Get Back Up Before Permanently Deleting Snapchat Account
Mostly all social media platforms let users to get download their personal information and keep store it as data in their servers. If you want to deactivate your Snapchat account, then you should be taken back up your precious data from Snapchat. With following few simple steps, you can easily download your entire Snapchat data; here’s how:
- Go to your web browser and visit at Snapchat online web portal.
- Next, you have to need log in along with their credential information.
- Once logged in, you will get list of options and hit on <My Data> option.
- Further, perform scroll down same screen and press the <Submit> button at the bottom of your screen.
- Next, Snapchat will now push you a confirmation email to your registered Email ID.
- Now, hit on link attached to your email data will be downloaded in to ‘.zip’ format on your system.
You can download personal data from Snapchat account like that:
Snapchat lets you to get download personal data before deactivating or deleting your account permanently, different categories of data that are existed for taking download; below mention all:
- Login history and account information
- Purchase and shop history
- Snapchat support history
- User and public profiles
- Snap & Chat history
- Search history
How to Delete Snapchat Account on Android & iPhone
If you are using iOS or Android device, then Snapchat app also allows you to delete your Snapchat account on them as manually, here’s how:
- Launch Snapchat app and log in with their credential information.
- Once logged in, click on <Your Profile> icon that locating upper-left corner.
- On resulting page, tap on <Gear icon> ‘Settings‘ option at top-right corner.
- Head over ‘Settings‘ page; perform scroll down to bottom and click on <I Need Help> option.
- Next, you will land at Snapchat’s support page and then type the <Delete> into search bar that showing at upper-right corner. This will elevated search result and tap on <Delete My Account> option.
- Head over ‘Delete My Account’ screen; click on <Accounts Portal> link.
- Now you will come at account deletion page, and then put your <Username and Password> and tap on <CONTINUE> button.
- Once completed process, you will get a confirmation pup-up as <Account Deactivated> on your screen.
How to Deactivate Snapchat Account via PC/Laptop
If, you want to delete your Snapchat account but at present time you haven’t your smartphone then don’t take headache, because you can also easily your Snapchat app account through computer or laptop, here’s how:
- Go to your web browser and visit at snapchat.com then log in it along with their credential details.
- Once logged in; go to ‘Manage My Account’ section and then choose the ‘Delete My Account‘.
- On next page, put your login credential into their fields and click on <Continue> button.
- On next screen, you will get a confirmation pop-up that let you confirm to deactivate your Snapchat account.
How to Restore Your Snapchat Account
If after some days, your mind has been changed and wishes to restore your Snapchat account, then it is possible. You can easily restore this account before 30 days, below shown all steps:
- Launch your Snapchat account with introducing your credential details, but your email id would not work after deactivating your Snapchat account, then you can use username instead of email id for getting to sign in it.
- On next page, click on <Yes> option, if you want to reactivate your Snapchat app account
- It will take some time to complete this process, and then to bring your account back.
- Once done it, you can log in your Snapchat account with same credential details.
- That’s done.
How to Delete Snapchat Account Permanently on Android & iPhone
When you deactivate your Snapchat account, then your account will be completely disappear. If you want to delete your account as permanently then you don’t try to log in this app before 30 days after getting to deactivate your account.
After passing this period, your Snapchat account would be permanently deactivated. As per Snapchat’s privacy guidelines, it lets you to get retain certain personal data due to legal, protection and business requirement.
If you don’t sign in your Snapchat account before 30 days recovery period, then it will be deactivated permanently, and your precious data will be erased forever such as friends, memories, stories, contact, and other content as well.
Reactivate Your Snapchat Account
After few days, you changed your mind set and want to get back your Snapchat account then too easy. Just you have to introduce your username within 30 days of deleting your account.
If your Snapchat account got inactivate, then you can sign in it along with username and password, and you will receive a confirmation email. You are unable to log in your account along with your valid email Id, but you haven’t right to change your password.
FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions)
How do you permanently delete a Snapchat account in 2022?
Yes! It is possible, if you don’t try to log in your Snapchat account before 30 days after deleting your account. Then your Snapchat account will be permanently deleted automatically.
How Can I delete Snapchat account from my mobile?
Snapchat only lets user delete your account via Snapchat account web portal, so this option doesn’t applicable on mobile app.
How do I permanently delete Snapchat from my child phone?
If your child age is above 13 years old, then you can easily delete Snapchat account. Go to Snapchat app > log in with credential details > navigate to ‘My Account & Security’ option, and then delete this account directly from here.
Through this article, we have been given detail information about how to delete Snapchat account permanently or temporarily on your iOS or Android device with ease. If this content is useful for you then please share it along with your friends, family members or relatives over social media platforms like as Facebook, Instagram, Linked In, Twitter, and more.
If you have any experience, tips, tricks, or query regarding changing Snapchat display name? You can drop a comment!
Have a Nice Day!!