Is Snapchat not ready to get access your iPhone or Android’s Camera? Otherwise any error is showing up that says you should be turn on camera access, then you have to need to adjust quick settings change to let Snapchat permission to your camera. So don’t worry! Through this article, we will show you all possible hacks about how to allow camera access on Snapchat for iPhone and Android without any getting issue.
Why Does Snapchat Camera Not Enabling?
There are many causes that may happen while Snapchat unable to access camera on your device; below shown list, check them:
- Snapchat app doesn’t grant Camera access permission.
- Get downtime on Snapchat’s server or other technical issues.
- Run a lot of apps for too long, and then they get slow performance.
- Use Snapchat oldest version app.
- Having traditional mobile operating system
- Less internet coverage area
- Older devices
- Settings related to your device’s microphone, camera or sounds are unstable.
How to Allow Camera Access on Snapchat?
Whenever you realize that you are unable to take photos with Snapchat, then it is probability that you don’t let Snapchat access camera. Don’t worry! It is not a big problem because through this post we will try to explain all possible ways, which help to allow camera access on Snapchat for iOS, Android user, and the app itself; below shown all headlines, you can check them:
- How to Allow Snapchat Access to Camera on iPhone/iPad?
- How to Enable Camera for Snapchat on Android Phone?
- How to Allow Camera Access on Snapchat App Itself?
- Removing Camera Restrictions or App Limit
- You Can’t Allow Snapchat to Access Camera – Troubleshoots
- Restart Your Device
- Sign Out/In Snapchat App
- Uninstall and Reinstall Snapchat App
- For iPhone:
- For Android:
- Clear Cache Data
- Update Snapchat App
- Update for iPhone:
- Update for Android:
- Check Snapchat Server
- Check Internet Connection
- Touch Customer Support
- FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions)
- Can I limit Snapchat from accessing the device camera?
- What can I do? If camera option isn’t listed in my iPhone settings!
- How can i fix error ‘Oops, Snapchat is a camera app’?
- How do you change Camera settings on Snapchat?
Let’s Get Started!!
How to Allow Snapchat Access to Camera on iPhone/iPad?
If you are using iOS device; you wish to enable camera access on Snapchat app then you would be following few simplest instructions, below shown all:
Allow Snapchat Access to Camera on iOS 14/15:
- Firstly you have to open your <Settings App> by tapping ‘Settings‘ icon on your iOS device’s home page.
- On ‘Settings Page’; perform scroll down to bottom and click on <Snapchat> option.
- On resulting page, you have to get turn on toggle button next to ‘Camera‘; if it is disables.
How to Enable Camera for Snapchat on Android Phone?
If you have an Android phone then you can also enable camera for your Snapchat app by following few basic steps; below all mentioned:
- First of all, here you have also open <Settings> app on your Android device that is available by default on phone.
- On ‘Settings Page’; you will see a list of many options and tap on <Apps> option. This will show you to a menu where you can choose the individual app and change their settings.
- On next page, you have to scroll down this page until you see <Snapchat> app and click on it. If ‘Snapchat App’ is not showing into elevated list that means you haven’t Snapchat official version then.
- Further, tap on <Permissions> option then it will let you change Snapchat’s permission to take decision what you want to allow it to do on your device.
- On the ‘App Permission’ page; choose the <Camera> option.
- On resulting page, Android phone will ask whether you wish to “allow only while using the app” or “ask every time“. Select the option as your choice.
- Once completed this process, you are able to get access Camera properly while using Snapchat app.
How to Allow Camera Access on Snapchat App Itself?
If you want to give camera access to Snapchat without going to your phone’s settings section, don’t worry! Snapchat also lets you officially option to allow camera access on your device. Just you have to follow few simple instructions:
- Launch <Snapchat> app on your iOS or Android device.
- Tap on <Bitmoji> icon at the top-left corner to visit your ‘Profile Page’.
- On ‘Profile Page’; click on <Shaped Gear icon> ‘Settings’ option that showing at the upper-right hand.
- Head over the ‘Settings’ screen; scroll down a little bit and tap on <Manage> option underneath the ‘Additional Services’
- On next page, tap on <Permissions> option; then this will show all permissions that Snapchat uses.
- Go to <Camera> option and enable the camera access permission.
Removing Camera Restrictions or App Limit
Above showing all ways should be going to work in most to time, but unfortunately, iPhone users have faced issue after using these methods. This problem is going on, cause of an app limit on your Snapchat app that means it will set your usage time. You may be crossed the app limit of daily usage, then you have to need delete this app limit. Here’s how?
- Open <Settings> app on your iOS or Android device.
- On the ‘Settings Page’; click on <Screen Time> option from showing a list of options.
- Now, disable the toggle button next to <App Limit> option as showing image
Once completed this process, still you might be facing issue due to general restriction of your phone’s camera. Follow these instructions to solve it:
- Go to your phone’s Settings app.
- On ‘Settings Page’; scroll down and select the <Privacy> option
- On resulting page, find out the <Camera> and <Photos> options then tap on each one to get verify that Snapchat is enabled.
- Further, turn on toggle button next to <Camera> and ‘Photos’ option must be set to ‘All Photo‘ option.
You Can’t Allow Snapchat to Access Camera – Troubleshoots
Try these steps if camera access still isn’t allowed by your Snapchat app, then you should be going to implement other solutions.
Restart Your Device
Before going to further, you should be known that this temporary issues as cause of Snapchat camera not working, so you must be close all services, process and other applications by getting to restart your phone.
Due to minor software malfunction, you may not be receiving all Snapchat notifications. So you should be following few basic steps; below shown all:
- Keep press and hold the ‘VOLUME‘ button and ‘SIDE’ button
- This will display ‘Power off slider’ and slide it.
- Next, you have to wait about 30 seconds for your device to get turn off.
- Now finally, again keep press and hold the ‘SIDE’ button to turn on your device.
- Once completed this process, you can check that your problem will be resolved. But if it still there, then go to next method.
Sign Out/In Snapchat App
With using this simple this trick, your problem may be resolved. While signing out of your Snapchat account and move back sign in it after few some times, minor software bugs will go to fix automatically. Here’s how:
- Open Snapchat app on your device.
- Click on at upper-left corner of screen
- Next, tap on ‘Gear Shaped Icon’ at upper-right hand.
- On ‘Settings‘ page; perform scroll down to bottom and find out the option and tap on it.
- Once logged out it, reboot your device and then again log in Snapchat app with introducing their credentials.
Uninstall and Reinstall Snapchat App
If still Snapchat is not performing as good on your phone, then it may be its installation files got crashed over an update or while in use. So in this case, to do this:
- Go to your ‘Home Screen’; and then click and keep hold Snapchat app until this option shows up on your screen.
- Next, click on <Remove App> option then follow on-screen prompts to get uninstall Snapchat app on your device.
- Once performed it, open <App Store> and reinstall this app once again.
- Go to your ‘Home Screen’, then click and keep hold Snapchat until selection screen pop-up will appear.
- Next, click on <Uninstall> option to delete app from your phone.
- Once done it, launch your <Play Store> and reinstall Snapchat app once again.
- Once reinstalled it completely, your problem ‘Snapchat unable to open camera’ will be resolved on your devices.
Clear Cache Data
This is effective trick to solve problematic application is to erase their app cache. These caches are temporary data kept stored on your device locally, which helps app to get perform faster. To do this:
- Launch Snapchat app on your phone.
- Click on <Your Profile> icon at upper-left corner of screen.
- Next, press the <Settings> button as showing ‘Gear Icon’ at top-right corner.
- Next, perform scroll down and click on <Clear Cache> option.
- Now, final you have to click on (iOS) and (Android) to remove Snapchat’s cache.
- After wiping the app cache, your problem will be solved and your Snapchat camera will work properly on your device.
Update Snapchat App
Snapchat releases new updates regularly for their user, and there updates bring bugs fixes and improvement. So you should be using fresh version of Snapchat app; here’s how:
Update for iPhone:
- Launch <App Store> on your device.
- Once opened it, click on <Profile Icon> at upper-right corner of screen.
- Perform scroll down then you will see list of all app updates.
- If Snapchat has update then it will be available into list, and click on <Update> button next to ‘Snapchat‘
Update for Android:
- Launch <Play Store> on your Android phone.
- Head over ‘Play Store’; click on <Hamburger Menu> icon at upper-left hand.
- Next, tap on <My apps and games> option.
- On resulting page, you will see list of all app that need to update here. If Snapchat is available into this list then update it and fix your problem.
Check Snapchat Server
Whenever, your Snapchat camera is not working properly, then it can be high probability that Snapchat’s server got down. You can check it by using third-party tools such as ‘Downdetector‘ that is free of cost tool and provide accurate result at front of you.
If you found that Snapchat’s server gets down, then you would be only waiting, until their server are going up and running properly.
Check Internet Connection
Due to loose internet connection, your Snapchat camera doesn’t work properly. So Snapchat app needs stable internet to perform all functions, whenever not having reliable internet connectivity, then you can face various issues including to your camera.
Getting to check your phone’s internet access, you have to visit at digitalthinkerhelp and watch if this website opens, that means your internet is working as nicely. But this website not going to open, then you can say that internet issues is getting to occur and you have to need get touch your ISP customer support for fixes.
Touch Customer Support
If mentioned above all ways not helped out to fix your problem, then you can get touch with Snapchat’s support team and explore your problem to them. Then they will provide proper solution for your issue instantly.
FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions)
Can I limit Snapchat from accessing the device camera?
Badly, Snapchat is unable to work without getting permission to phone’s camera. Person who are concerned about privacy don’t want to let it, so this option don’t let you option to proceed without using camera.
What can I do? If camera option isn’t listed in my iPhone settings!
Unfortunately, most of users have come across is the missing ‘Camera’ option into phone’s setting. Making ensure, you have iOS is latest updated version because old version might be unable to camera.
How can i fix error ‘Oops, Snapchat is a camera app’?
This error is caused on Snapchat app, if the camera doesn’t grant permission to get access Snapchat. So you must be going to give access permission option into ‘Settings’ app that is already explaind above in this post.
How do you change Camera settings on Snapchat?
It is straightforward simple process, you can change camera settings on your device’s Settings app and itself Snapchat app and both process already revealed in this article, go and read them.
Snapchat gives you get access your camera for those perfect snaps, but cause of few technical problems or upgrades, you are unable to access phone’s camera sometime. But i hope that above showing all tricks assisted you to allow Snapchat access to camera on your both iOS and Android phone. If this article is fruitful for you then please share it along with your friends, family members or relatives over social media platforms like as Facebook, Instagram, Linked In, Twitter, and more.
If you have any experience, tips, tricks, or query regarding this issue? You can drop a comment!
Have a Nice Day!!