If you are finding best solution to fix ‘Instagram camera not working‘ issue then you have come at right place because here we will reveal the 12 effective tricks, which let you help to solve this problem if you are unable to access Instagram camera on your iPhone and Android device without getting any hassle.
Are you facing problem in Instagram app ‘Instagram camera not working’? Don’t take headaches because you are not single person who are struggling this issue. Most of people are getting to face similar issue on Instagram app.
Mostly people are getting most frustrate when ‘Instagram camera not working’ perfectly on their phone. The primary objective to using this app is to share pictures and videos, but all filters and goofy effects are useless if you are unable to access camera in Instagram app. Sometimes your camera gets crash while using it on IG platform.
Cool! Your issues will be fixed at the end of this post.
Why is My Instagram Camera Not Working iPhone & Android?
If you are unable to access your camera or Instagram camera in not working perfectly, then you would be trying to solve these issues:
- Checking camera permissions that must be enabled
- Uninstall and reinstall instagram app on your phone
- Prefer to install old version along with an APK.
- Removing caches data and local data
- Getting to factory reset settings
- Your phone not updated being latest version.
Instagram Camera Not Working on iPhone & Android – Fix It
In this section, we are going to reveal all possible stuffs that help to solve problem ‘Instagram camera not working on Android and iPhone’ without any hassle; below shown 12 effective methods, you can check them:
- Allow Camera Access Permissions
- For Android:
- For iPhone:
- Delete App’s Cache & Data
- For Android:
- For iPhone:
- Update Instagram App with Latest Version
- For Android:
- For iPhone:
- Uninstall & Re-install App
- For Android:
- For iPhone:
- Checking Your Internet Connection
- Update Phone’s Software
- Getting to Sync Date and Time Settings
- Making Ensure that Using Native Camera App
- Getting Instagram Technical Issue
- Install Old Version of IG App
- Recycle Your Phone
- Getting to Factory Reset Settings
- FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions)
- How do I enable my camera on Instagram?
- Where is camera option on Instagram?
- How do you reset your camera on Instagram?
- Why is Instagram not letting me use the camera?
- How do I allow Instagram to access my camera?
- How do I fix my camera on Instagram Android?
- How do I allow camera access on my iPhone?
Let’s Get Started!!
Unable to Access Instagram Camera on iPhone/Android – “Solved”
Keep patience! If you are not going to ready to allow camera on Instagram app, don’t worry! Here we will spread the light on 12 most effective methods, by using them you can easily to solve your problem as ‘Instagram camera not working’. Let’s go!
Allow Camera Access Permissions
Initially stage, you have to need check the app permission changes. As you know very-well that whenever you try to install app then require allowing few specific permissions to get access your camera, contact, and storage and so on. Probably, these permissions are auto-enabled at once you get download and install this app from your Play Store or App Store.
If by mistake, you may have denied these permission request or disabled it; then you can also simply solve it. With following few basic instructions, you can grant Instagram the permission to get access your camera:
- Open your <Settings> app on your device
- On ‘Settings Page’; click on <Apps & Notifications> option.
- Next, you have to select the < option
- On resulting page, find out the <Instagram> from elevating list and tap on it.
- Furthermore, tap on <Permission> option
- Next page, ensure that toggle button next to <Camera> is enabled.
- Still, you are not ready to open the camera along with this app then apply next method.
- Open the <Settings App> on your iOS device
- On ‘Settings Page’; finding out the <Instagram App> from the elevating result and tap on it.
- On resulting page, turn on toggle switch next to <Camera and Microphone>
Delete App’s Cache & Data
Each app keeps save few data as cache files, so these files are going to use store other types of information and data. So, created cache file let’s to decrease their start up and loading time. Whenever, these cache files get destroyed then app can get malfunction. If you are getting any problem along with Instagram, then you should be going to wipe up the cache and other data for Instagram. With following few simplest steps, you can easily erase the cache and data files for Instagram app; below shown all:
- Open the <Settings App> on your android device.
- Then, finding out the <Instagram App> and tap on it.
- On next page, click on <Storage> option
- Further, you have to click on <Clear Data> and <Clear Cache> as respective the option then files will be erased.
- Open <Settings App> on your iOS device
- Tap on <General> option
- Click on <iPhone Storage> and finding out the and tap on it.
- Next, select the <Offload App> button
- Once done it, trying to use Instagram app again and see if you are capable to solve to get access the camera in Instagaram on both Android and iPhone issues.
Update Instagram App with Latest Version
The further thing that you must be update you Instagram app on your Android and iOS device, because sometimes traditional version is not supportable with your device perfectly. Whenever you are facing any problem then updating it from your Play Store or App Store to fix it. Here’s how to update?
- Firstly, you have to open <Play Store> on your Android device.
- Next, you will see <Hamburger Menu> ‘three horizontal lines’ at upper-left corner and tap on it.
- Next, select the <My Apps and Games> option from elevating result.
- On resulting page, find out the <Instagram> and check that here any pending updates, if yes the tap on <Update> button.
- Go to <App Store> on your iOS device
- Type the <Instagram> into search bar then you will see elevated result with Instagram being <Open or Update> button.
- If it is associated with <Update> button then tap on it to get update, otherwise associated with <Open> that means it is already updated with latest version.
Uninstall & Re-install App
If your updating Instagram app is not working properly then you should be going to uninstall this app from your Android or iOS device and then again install from Play Store or App Store. Just following few basic steps one by one:
- Open <Settings> app on your Android device.
- Next, go to section and finding out the <Instagram> then click on it.
- On resulting page, tap on <Uninstall> button
Once this app removed, then downloads and installs again Instagram app.
- Go to your <Play Store>
- Finding out the <Instagram> app
- Then, Install and signing it
- Keep long hold <Instagram> icon and select the <Uninstall> option from context menu.
- Next, get restart your iOS device.
- Open and searching out the <Instagram> then tap on <Install> button.
- Furthermore, sign in and get try to access the camera.
Checking Your Internet Connection
Making ensure, you are using a reliable internet connection that providing stable internet speed on your system. However, your mobile data speed is getting slow to Wi-Fi network then you can also face this problem in Instagram app.
Therefore, you must be check your internet speed; enable and disable your mobile data or check your router if you are using Wi-Fi.
Then you have to try to change from mobile network to Wi-Fi to Wi-Fi to mobile network.
Update Phone’s Software
While updating your device’s software, Instagram camera issues can be fixed on your phone. Here’s how?
- Go to <Settings> app on your device.
- Next, you have to tap on <System> option.
- On resulting page, choose the <System Update or Software Update>
- Now, here you will search out the option to check for update and click on it then wait for few sometimes to fetch updates.
- If any update is presented then <Download & Install> it, then restart your phone.
Getting to Sync Date and Time Settings
However, your system’s data and time settings are not getting to sync along with real data and time, then it may be Instagaram camera not working perfectly. Therefore making sure, your device’s date and time is being synced along with date and time. After done it, you can check your Instagram camera is doing work perfectly or not.
Making Ensure that Using Native Camera App
You may be getting to use third party camera app as default camera. Therefore, this issues along with such app that not working perfectly along with other app such as Instagram, WhatsApp, Snapchat and more. So, you should be using native camera app to ignore complications. Here’s how?
- Go to your <Settings> app on your phone.
- Click on <App> option.
- On resulting page, choose the <Default Apps> option.
- Then tap on <Camera> option
- Making ensure that native camera is chosen as default camera app.
- Once done it, go to your Instagram app and see if you are able to solve to get access the camera in Instagram.
Getting Instagram Technical Issue
Whenever, Instagram camera is not working properly then it may be higher probability that there are few technical problems in Instagram app or IG app server is getting down and IG team already aware and is working to fix this problem.
In this scenario, you are unable to do anything so just you have to wait till problem is fixed from IG team edge or IG server is going up.
Install Old Version of IG App
Sometime there may be minor technical issues are occurred in the latest version of IG, and then you should be preferring to use old version of Instagram app.
Therefore, for getting to install old version as temporary basis till next version released after solving issues. But it is temporary solution that is applicable on only Android device not iOS.
Recycle Your Phone
If above showing all methods are not working then sometime; there is a problem being your phone not IG app. Therefore, shutdown your Instagram app and restart your device.
After restarting your device, you can check your instagram camera either working properly or not.
Getting to Factory Reset Settings
If you have been implemented all above showing methods, still you are facing problem to get access camera then you should be going to reset factory settings being your iOS and Android devices; then your problem will be solved. While you using factory reset, remove all your apps, their data, as well as other data such as pictures, video, and music from your device. Therefore, before going to do this, you must be getting back up your stored data. Here’s how to reset factory settings?
- Open <Settings> app on your Android and iOS devices.
- On ‘Settings Page’; select the <System> option.
- Next, if you haven’t already created backup your data, then tap on <Backup your data> option to keep store your precious data on your Google Drive section.
- Then, you have to tap on <Reset> option
- Furthermore, select the <Reset Phone> option
Once completed this process, your phone is able to use, download and again install Instagram app. Get logging process and grant all mandatory permissions that it asks for. Now, finally you are able to get access your camera then you can take snap those selfies like before.
FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions)
How do I enable my camera on Instagram?
Go to ‘list of apps’ and tap on ‘Instagram‘ then click on <Permissions>; tap on <Camera> then choose the <Allow only> while using app.
Where is camera option on Instagram?
The camera toolbar is by default at the left hand of your screen, but you can also alter it to right side by using the settings.
How do you reset your camera on Instagram?
Above we have been shown many effective methods step by step, you can use them to get reset your camera on IG app.
Why is Instagram not letting me use the camera?
While you installing the Instagram app, not given the permissions include camera, location, microphone, contacts, etc. So, you are unble to use camera because you have to need grant permission to get allow your phone’s camera.
How do I allow Instagram to access my camera?
Go to ‘list of apps’ and tap on ‘Instagram app’ then click on <Permissions>; tap on <Camera> then choose the <Allow only> while using app.
How do I fix my camera on Instagram Android?
Go to ‘Settings‘ > ‘Apps & Notifications’ > ‘All Apps’ > select ‘Instagram‘ > tap on ‘Permissions‘ > turn on toggle switch next to ‘Camera‘.
How do I allow camera access on my iPhone?
Open ‘Settings’ app on your phone, then select ‘Instagram app’ and enable toggle button next to ‘Camera and Microphone’ option.
Through this article, we have covered the most critical methods which help you to solve ‘Instagram camera not working on iPhone & Android’ issue. So, it is not most difficult to solve Instagram camera not working on Android and iOS devices, if you try to right solution. Therefore, i hope that above explored 12 hacks have assisted you to sort out ‘Camera not access on Instagram app’ issue.
If this article is helpful for you, then please share it along with your friends, family members or relatives over social media platforms like as Facebook, Instagram, Linked In, Twitter, and more.
If you have any experience, tips, tricks, or query regarding this issue? You can drop a comment!
Have a Nice Day!!