A tree topology merges the characteristics of star and linear bus topology; and it allows the expansion of an available network. Now, here we will explore all possible things about what is tree topology with its diagram, examples and uses; as well as involving with applications and types of tree topology with ease. At the end of this post, we will definitely understand about what is tree topology without any obstacle.
What is Tree Topology?
A tree topology is an especial kind of structure whereas several attached elements are managed such as branches of a tree. In the tree topology network, all computers and terminals are linked to the main system as a hierarchical aspect. Tree topology enables the many star topologies that involve a variety of single node that is connected to a centralized node.
Tree Topology Diagram
Tree topology is also called the star bus topology, because it enables the elements of both star and bus topology network. A tree topology is going to use a simplest program to keep handle the network. It also offers the concentration point for control and error resolution. It is a central system that is the uppermost order of hierarchy, and usually it is mainframe computer. A tree topology allows to point to point cabling that is made for separately segments; as well as it is supportable for many hardware and software vendors.
Tree Topology Tutorial Headlines:
In this section, we will show you all headlines about this entire article; you can check them as your choice; below shown all:
- What is Tree Topology?
- Tree Topology in Computer Network
- Types of Tree Topology
- Examples of Tree Topology in Real Life
- Uses and Applications of Tree Topology
- Tree Topology Considerations; You Should Be Known
- FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions)
- What is tree topology with diagram?
- What is another name of tree topology?
- What is tree topology example in the real life?
- What are the different types of tree topology in computer networking?
- Where tree topology is used in real life?
Let’s Get Started!!
Tree Topology in Computer Network
In the way of computer network, the tree network topology is sometimes also called the star topology because it merges the features of both bus and star topologies to make like as tree structure. In the tree topology, each branch has star network topology, and then it is getting to make structure as bus backbone cable. So, the primary bus is linked to single or multiple buses and network switches; and furthermost it attaches to one or multiple network devices and nodes. It is great scalable network topology that lets you to attach many network devices over this network by scaling the star network at every branch of a tree. But, you might require adding or removing devices at the specific time duration.
Types of Tree Topology
A tree topology is going to classified into three different categories; below shown each one, you can read them:
Cluster Tree Topology:
In this tree network topology, the parent-child connection is existed in between the nodes is most specific notion. Its parent’s devices are simply network switch or hub.
Bus Tree Topology:
This network topology contains the backbone cable that has the responsible of making communication across the tree network, and you attach the PCs to centralized devices like as switches and hubs. Beyond of the connecting to every computer separately, then the bus backbone connects to the central devices. Users are capable to connect the all gadgets directly to the backbone wire if they like.
Spanning Tree Topology:
In the spanning tree topology, all nodes are going to connect into graph form. It’s also has another variant that is MST (Minimal Spanning Tree). It provides the way to attach all graph edges. This topology has several backbone cables for attaching many clusters, which are presented at the whole computer network.
Important!! Whenever a signal arrive the edge of the backbone cable; then it is eliminated by the terminator that is presented at the end of backbone cable. If it doesn’t arrives till edge and keep on getting to loop at the backbone then STP (Spanning Tree Protocol) is used, to prevent the traffic congestion over the network.
Examples of Tree Topology in Real Life
There are many examples that are going to use in your daily life, like as:
- In big university campuses and hospitals, several floors can be attached with each other via combination central bus backbone and star topology.
- B-trees work similar as tree network topology that is used for different kinds of programming language such as Redis, PostgreSQL, MySQL and file system that is enabling with ext4, NTFS.
- This topology is also extremely used for going to organize in many databases and workstations. Any two network topologies are capable to connect into tree topology as a single mutual connection.
Uses and Applications of Tree Topology
Although, tree topology is not going to use for common applications; because it is totally depended upon the behaviour of users. They can grab the most benefits from it by using it. The Zigbee is a best application of the tree topology, but Zigbee doesn’t use only for tree topology; it can be used anywhere in the order of networking. For instance – Zigbee can be used in multi-level story building to make clusters at every section of the network in the tree topology.
Tree topology is usually going to use for recognising the system in a network into order to distribute data across the network and to let network operator to link many servers.
A tree topology network is also used on the database system such as PostgreSQL, MySQL, Redis, and file system such as HFS+, Ext4, and NTFS.
Tree Topology Considerations; You Should Be Known
- A tree topology makes the extension of bus and star topologies that means it is capable to link these separately network to a enlarge, and system wide design that still keeps maintains the hierarchical structure that few business need. It is a helpful layout for other two options, which don’t have similar capability to get reach scalability because it makes an alternative that utilizes the available resources.
- It is simplest process to expand the existed network, because just you have to need an additional cable and hub. As well as, many star networks can be attached to the backbone cable without any obstacle.
- In the tree topology, error detection process is easiest process. Each node of the topology is linked via the centralized hub. So, hub has ability to identify the node being error, while transmitting all information via nodes passes through network nub device. You can also easily change the faulty cable or fix other issues being the nodes.
- A tree topology is spitted into various parts; if any single workstation gets fail then its other operations will not be affected. Even, central hub failure, then entire network will be still worked properly. But, if backbone wire gets damage then its operations will be effected because whole network is totally depended upon the backbone cable.
- If you want to add new devices along with your tree topology network then it can be considered as best selection. A tree topology has a hybrid approach that allows to get support from several manufactures. It makes ensure that the admin is able to get access to the devices for maintaining and other task.
- Most of tree topologies network are spitted into many star networks; then this workstations can attach to a centralized hub that offers the link to backbone wire. Causes of this, the whole system gets easy to keep maintain and manage because admins have several layers of protect to use. Every star topology is able to work itself separately from the remain network as required.
FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions)
What is tree topology with diagram?
Tree topology consists the characteristics of star and linear bus topology; and it allows the expansion of an available network. Its diagram is already shown above in this post; you can check it.
What is another name of tree topology?
A tree topology is also called the ‘Hierarchical Topology’; the root node links to all other nodes as the form of hierarchy. As well as, it’s also another name is ‘Star Bus Topology’ because it merge the many star topologies into the single bus.
What is tree topology example in the real life?
In big university campuses and hospitals, several floors can be attached with each other via combination central bus backbone and star topology.
What are the different types of tree topology in computer networking?
A tree topology has three different variants like as Cluster Tree Topology, Bus Tree Topology, and Spanning Tree Topology. Above, each one is explored in detail.
Where tree topology is used in real life?
The Final Words
Now, i make ensure that you have been completely educated about what is tree topology with its diagram, examples and uses; as well as involving with applications and types of tree topology with ease. If this article is helpful for you, then please share it along with your friends, family members or relatives over social media platforms like as Facebook, Instagram, Linked In, Twitter, and more.
If you have any experience, tips, tricks, or query regarding this issue? You can drop a comment!