In this blog post, we are going to cover about many advantages and disadvantages of Windows XP operating system; and involving with benefits and features of Windows XP OS with ease. Now, i make ensure that after reading this article; you will definitely fully aware about pros and cons of Windows XP operating system without getting any hassle.
Introduction of Windows XP
Window XP is an operating system that is designed by Microsoft Corporation for going to use on general purpose computer system, for example business desktops, home usage, notebook, and media centers. Windows XP also lets you to use word processing applications to type a letter and a spread sheet app to trace your financial information.
Windows XP is a graphical user interface that uses the graphic to make communication along with your computer. It has a multi-tasking ability that means it can execute many applications at once. Windows XP has three versions like as:
- Home Edition: Just use for home users
- Professional Edition: For professional users who have to need more advance features.
- Media Center Edition: This version especially was designed for computer manufactures for installation on the laptop and desktop as media center PCs.
Windows XP Pros and Cons
Here, you will learn about various pros and cons of Windows XP operating system over other Windows versions; as well as limitation and benefits of Windows XP OS with ease.
Advantages of Windows XP Operating System
Here, we will spread the light on many merits and benefits of Windows XP operating system over previous OS; below mentioned all:
Also Read: Advantages and Disadvantages of Windows 10 operating System!!
- Windows XP needs the very less system resources; and easy to use, as well as it more convince with wide variety of applications.
- Windows XP is most secured platform because it allows to protect your emails specially via Microsoft Outlook, which assist to ignore the all spammers with getting your email address.
- Windows XP lets you use easily Internet Explorer add on without getting any probability of browser crash.
- It is going to easily ways to pick up wireless internet signals.
- Windows XP was introduced to improve the performance of fault and inconsistencies in the ME operating system; but it is a completely new one operating system.
- This OS is a fully re-write and overhaul along with a slightly updated interface than Windows 98 and ME.
- Windows XP is totally depended on the accredited much more stable Windows 2000 and NT platform developed for network users.
- Windows XP allows to get download that before going to download an attachment, then you will be alerted to unsafe attachment that may consist the dangerous viruses that are specifically applicable to those using the Internet Explorer, Windows Messenger, and Outlook Express.
- Windows XP contains the security system that allows to use for protect the certain folders.
- Microsoft Windows XP is a most stable, in the order of system hardware.
- Windows XP also lets you to monitor the computer malfunction by helping the Remote assistance on other computer system remotely via internet.
- Windows XP is also able to share the applications in the real-time to all world.
- There will be not arisen any confliction and issue in between the hardware and software.
- It allows the easily instructions to install the software than the installation on other operating systems.
- Windows XP operating system consumes very less computer resources than Windows Vista, Windows 7 and 8. For example is Windows 7 needs a 1-gigahertz processor with 1 gigabyte of RAM for a 32-bit system, and 2 gigabytes of RAM for a 64-bit system; whereas Windows XP OS only needs a Pentium 233-megahertz processor with 64 megabytes of RAM, which is between 3 and 6 % of the resources used by Windows 7.
Disadvantages of Windows XP Operating System
In this section, we are going to cover various drawbacks and limitations of Windows XP professional operating system; below shown each one, you can check them:
Also Read: Advantages and Disadvantages of Windows 11 Operating System!!
- Windows XP is more costly to purchase.
- It is unable to get installation over the many computer systems, because it allows only one user license.
- It is getting prone to crash.
- Windows XP is unstable; therefore it is unable to work on out-dated hardware computer components.
- Traditional DOS programs might be not run over this version.
- The Windows XP operating system is main objective for malware creator, if you are going to browse the internet without using any anti-virus program, therefore it could be more harmful because these virus is made for Windows XP are able to gather your credential data, otherwise due to this, your operating system could be damaged.
- Windows XP was introduced along with many drivers for computer hardware components at the time of its introduces but as 2010; but most of drivers are expired or hardware they are constructed for are no long time use. Whenever, you are going to try run a computer system along with latest hardware then you will be searching out their compatible drivers.
- The main drawback of Windows XP is security because Microsoft has stopped the security updates for XP OS; and rendering it vulnerable to new virus and spyware attack. Therefore, this operating system is usages for most sensitive application like as online banking.
- Mostly games are developed especially for video card that support for DirectX 10 and DirectX 11; but Windows XP are only able to DirectX to version 9 that cause the games to look graphical less attractive while going to run on Windows XP and only get solution is to upgrade to Windows Vista or Windows 7.
- Windows XP is going to appeal most of businesses and users that require an ease operating system to handle, and Microsoft party several limit the using of confortable for Windows XP OS, in which every users must be going to activate Microsoft on a specific period.
- Side apps are unable to run, while we are using the apps.
- Its user interface has a massive change so Windows 8 has modern interface.
- It does not contain any in-built chip set deriver that making the install time consuming.
- Windows XP doesn’t allow recognizing parallel port.
- Windows XP home edition has not also tile encryption.
- It can supports only up to 4 GB of system memory.
- Windows XP is closed source; therefore its community is too short.
- JVM (Java Virtual Machine) is not available as Windows into last generations.
Features of Windows XP OS
Before going to use it, you should be known about many qualities of Windows XP professional OS. Therefore, here we will explore about many features of windows XP operating system, such as –
Also Read: Advantages and Disadvantages of Operating System!!
Remote Assistance: The remote Assistance is going to work properly in conjunction along with Remote Desktop and helped corporate Help desk that help to manage remote troubleshooting. You have to fill out a <Request for Help> form and send email to the support desk; then this form will be prompted user for activation duration and a password.
Remote Desktop: That is great feature that helped out me as an IT expert to do my job remotely in a most critical situation.
Internet Connection Firewall: This feature is explored as a “security system that works as a protective boarder in between the network and the outside world”. It did a coolest job securing the system by using the packet filtering to block LAN, Point-to-Point Protocol over Ethernet (PPPoE), dial-up network traffic, and VPN.
Device Driver Rollback: User could get uninstall any driver updates and keep continue by using the previous stable version
CD Burner: It was an also great feature! With using this, users are easily able to simply drag sound files onto my CD-ROM drive’s desktop icon and then my CD was ready to use.
New interface: With adopting Windows XP, you can get a completely new attractive look and capability to change the look.
Updates: New released features that automatically receives updates from the internet.
Internet Explorer 6: It is enabled with Internet Explorer 6 and new IM.
Support: It allows to support for several kinds of languages.
Other Features Are:
- Enhance reliability than previous versions of Microsoft Windows
- It lets user to facilitate for searching for needed data at certain time frame.
- Offering the easiest recovery from troubles and necessary help and support
- It can get automatic configuration of 802.1x wireless network.
- It has fastest response in processing multi-tasking.
- It provides the protection for confidential data in file saved to NTFS file system.
- It can get simplify the management of user and computer group.
I hope that through this article, you have been fully learnt about many advantages and disadvantages of Windows XP operating system; as well as pros and cons of Windows XP OS with ease. If this post is helpful for you, then please share it along with your friends, family members or relatives over social media platforms like as Facebook, Instagram, Linked In, Twitter, and more.
Also Read: Single User Operating System: Examples, Advantages, & Disadvantages!!
If you have any experience, tips, tricks, or query regarding this issue? You can drop a comment!